Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

yesterday report:
100% at 9:00 AM
after listening to music for ~30min
taking/making calls ~20 min
reading news

0% by 10:30PM

uninstalled skype today.
been using it normally as day went by (just like how i used it before).

Today:
after listening to music for ~1hour
taking/making calls ~30 min
reading news constantly
watched a youtube video here and there
took a ton of photos (low light)

44% at 12:00 AM with 20 hours for estimation.

try uninstalling skype. maybe it will help.

PS. I had location services, 3G enabled THE WHOLE DAY, and lots of live tiles enabled.

Last edited:

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

yesterday report:
reading news

uninstalled skype today.

Today:
reading news constantly

44% at 12:00 PM with 20 hours for estimation.

PS. I had location services, 3G enabled THE WHOLE DAY, and lots of live tiles enabled.

So 44% at midnight or noon? 12:00PM, I'm assuming you mean 12:00AM?

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

yesterday report:
reading news

uninstalled skype today.

Today:
reading news constantly

44% at 12:00 AM with 20 hours for estimation.

I never had Skype installed, and my battery is at 28% and time since last charge is 15 hours. The problem is that I have barely used it. I listen to maybe a 5 min mp3, a 4 min youtube video, about 30 minutes of web browsing, 3 phone calls lasting about a min each. I have also played around with the Store for about 15 minutes. I think I'm losing more battery life while idling than using the phone. I have also depleted the battery until it shut offs by itself and full recharged to 100%. So far, this hasn't helped much, if any.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

This is pretty weird. Usually there seems to be one cause for the phone losing so much battery but you guys seem to have a lot of solutions for this phone's battery issue. A friend of mine says his battery is fine yet he thinks it should be better and I came here to find him a solution but there doesn't seem to anything that is agreed upon.

Perhaps getting rid of the carrier bloat?

hovesteve

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Not having any problem with mine draining when not being used. Last night was on 80%, at 11pm. Got up at 9am and it had only dropped to 75%

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
This is pretty weird. Usually there seems to be one cause for the phone losing so much battery but you guys seem to have a lot of solutions for this phone's battery issue. A friend of mine says his battery is fine yet he thinks it should be better and I came here to find him a solution but there doesn't seem to anything that is agreed upon.

Perhaps getting rid of the carrier bloat?

First thing I do to any device is remove bloatware if possible.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same thing happen while plugged into USB and it stopping charging. the icon still showed the plug but the battery had obviously quit charging since the percentage just kept going down. I also had the issue of losing battery life quickly while on standby. I restarted my phone (not a reset) and everything has been fine since. has anyone been able to check whether they have Set Automatically for date+time enabled or not?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Alright. For the sake of testing I turned off backgrounding on literally everything. Phone is charged to full before I go to bed, but will leave it off the charger. I am interested in seeing how much idle battery drain I get.

Having turned everything off last night before bed and going to bed at 100% charge, I woke with 100% charge. Using the phone throughout the day with moderate use (checked mail as it came in... maybe 15 emails, sent and received a total of maybe 50 texts, talked on the phone for ten minutes, and looked up facebook updates once... again about ten minutes) and am at 86% after being 13 hours off of the charger. I'd say that is decent, but I am still not sure I can rule out a faulty phone. The phone I had before this I didn't need to do any of this and battery was just fine. I am going to go ahead and keep everything off tonight and see how far my battery drops before I put in on the charger prior to going to bed. Then I will re-enable everything one by one a day at a time, probably starting with weather, and go from there.

Another observation I made that I thought was interesting is that the phone is always cool to the touch now. Granted, I didn't really do anything processor or power intensive today, but the phone is literally cool. Before it was always at least mildly warm right around where the camera is located.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I can do 21-22 hours on 50% of my battery with only texting / calls / light fb & games ( 30m - 1hr )
Heavier use ( 4-5 hours of games ) I can only get 13-14 hours out of it.
Try to turn your GPS off & see how that works. Turning mine off yielded these results.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
RE: lumia 920 Battery Issues

I had a launch model cyan and it had very poor battery life. An 8 minute phone call would drop my battery over 20%. I turned everything off and hard reset the phone and it didn't help. On 11/20/12 I received my replacement phone and immediately performed the hard reset. The battery life is much better than the first model but I don't know how good it really is. I have 1 background app, and everything else off. IV had the phone off charger for 2 hours and I've done about 40 minutes of forum lurking, in stalled 3 aps took 2 pictures played 20 minutes of angry birds star wars and my battery dropped about 15 percent. Normal?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

not sure what happened today but, I pulled my phone off the charger at 230pm and turned LTE on, left and only touched my phone a few times to a send a few texts and check the score of the football game. next thing I know at 5 it's telling me battery critically low. ummm yeah, I dont run anything in the background

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I had a launch model cyan and it had very poor battery life. An 8 minute phone call would drop my battery over 20%. I turned everything off and hard reset the phone and it didn't help. On 11/20/12 I received my replacement phone and immediately performed the hard reset. The battery life is much better than the first model but I don't know how good it really is. I have 1 background app, and everything else off. IV had the phone off charger for 2 hours and I've done about 40 minutes of forum lurking, in stalled 3 aps took 2 pictures played 20 minutes of angry birds star wars and my battery dropped about 15 percent. Normal?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Yes, I have noticed that game in particular drains the **** out of my battery, not sure why, everything else doesn't come close but ABSpace / Star Wars is insane.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

not sure what happened today but, I pulled my phone off the charger at 230pm and turned LTE on, left and only touched my phone a few times to a send a few texts and check the score of the football game. next thing I know at 5 it's telling me battery critically low. ummm yeah, I dont run anything in the background

Is your GPS on ?

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

nothing runs in the background except LTE, this time anyways. this is the first problem I have had with the battery

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Was your LTE signal level very low during that time? When LTE is enabled and you have no or very low LTE signal level, it drains your battery real fast. It's a night and day difference for me. When I'm outdoors where LTE is strong, I only use 15% over 8 hours. The same phone doing nothing sitting at my home where I get little or no LTE, it consumes 40-50% over 8 hours.

Apparently weak LTE signal is known to be battery killer on all phones.

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

This may be a no brainer for some, but I realized this today: the back button is your best friend!!! After discharging my 920 a couple times I can usually make the battery last 12-16 hours (18 if i'm really pushing it) with moderate activity. However my phone went from 67% to 43% in 40 minutes today and it freaked me out, all I was doing was surfing on IE10 and playing Cracking Sands. Checking my background tasks I realized that I never closed the game when I went to surf on the phone. Definitely drained my battery. Hope that helps some of you folks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea