Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

turn off all those background processes in the settings. you'd be surprised at how many are running that you just don't need.

kojakki

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had experiences of using 3rd party chargers with L920? Since getting the phone I left the original charger to work and at home i've been using Samsung charger from my S3 or my kids' S Advance chargers. There seem to be huge difference in battery performance, for Nokia charger's advantage... I used to charge all night with Sammy chargers, to only see battery drain 5-7% per hour with barely any use comparing to 1-2% when fully charged with original Lumia charger.... All of them have same specs and I thought micro-USB is pretty standard..??

Anyone else noticed similar behavior?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had experiences of using 3rd party chargers with L920? Since getting the phone I left the original charger to work and at home i've been using Samsung charger from my S3 or my kids' S Advance chargers. There seem to be huge difference in battery performance, for Nokia charger's advantage... I used to charge all night with Sammy chargers, to only see battery drain 5-7% per hour with barely any use comparing to 1-2% when fully charged with original Lumia charger.... All of them have same specs and I thought micro-USB is pretty standard..??

I regularly use an S3 charger on my Lumia and haven't noticed any difference in discharge rate.

Anyone else noticed similar behavior?

sgtpepperrrr

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Before I used the below solution, my 920 would lose 40% it's battery life after an hour of intense use. Generally, I'd barely make it past 8 hours with moderate use.

Now, I am able to get between 24-48 hours of battery life easily. I disable data connection under cellular whenever I am on WiFi, and only use the former when I really need it for certain apps. This morning I drove to work for 40 mins with Spotify on, then turned data conn off, used WA and FB a few times over WiFi, made a phonecall, and my battery is still at 93%. I believe the data connection to be the major culprit. In addition, I also applied most of the CNet video's recommendations (however, in isolation those didn't have much of an effect).

belld001

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just want to give a quick update of my battery situation. For the last few weeks my battery has been running great. Now after I finished recharging it I would get more than 4 days. Last week I did have a couple of incidents though. I was at work without any wifi or data, the screen was off, then I noticed the Proshot app turned on. I picked up the phone and noticed that the phone was getting extremely hot, and the battery was draining like -40%. I soft-reset the phone and it returned to normal. I just ignored it.

The exact same thing happened again in a couple of days. The Proshot screen was on again, and the battery drained badly. I soft-reset it again. I couldn't figure out why since Proshot was not performing any background task. I re-installed the app. I will let you guys know if this happens again.

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I saw many comments here have serious battery drain, but for me it's so opposite. I can have over 3 days with just a fullcharge.
My phone is always Wifi ON, and power saver OFF.
Sometimes I ON bluetooth for file transfer and OFF after finish.
Cellular DATA is OFF most of the time, I ON it only when I need to check something online, because most of my time is connected to the Wifi, only sometimes I have no wifi and want to check social notification.
NFC is OFF, Touch screen sensitive ia OFF, GPS ON, Brightness turn to LOW first then ON Auto.
Then use the phone normal (My lifestyle is considered not a mania phone user like in a day I take 30-50 pictures, less than 60 mins talk time, 1-2 hours serving internet and social network, about 1 hour for texting)
See my attach menu for details.

P.S. I used to have battery drain problem as well, I can last under 24hrs for a fullcharge since I first got my lumia 920. But after Portico Update, it has totally change as I mentioned above, which is exceptional for me.

e5evudy6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

NFC is OFF, Touch screen sensitive ia OFF, GPS ON, Brightness turn to LOW first then ON Auto.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I can almost guarantee your great battery life is due to using Low Brightness setting. If i was able to see using Low i wouldnt have any problems doing that....but seriously, i've got great eye-sight and low for me is very painful to use. so i use Medium with no Auto.

Everything else you mentioned is exactly what i do, expect for GPS as i have it OFF.

I gotta ask the question though, how can you get 3 days??? If below your DAILY use??

Then use the phone normal (My lifestyle is considered not a mania phone user like in a day I take 30-50 pictures, less than 60 mins talk time, 1-2 hours serving internet and social network, about 1 hour for texting)

If so im jealous

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I can almost guarantee your great battery life is due to using Low Brightness setting. If i was able to see using Low i wouldnt have any problems doing that....but seriously, i've got great eye-sight and low for me is very painful to use. so i use Medium with no Auto.

Everything else you mentioned is exactly what i do, expect for GPS as i have it OFF.

I gotta ask the question though, how can you get 3 days??? If below your DAILY use??

If so im jealous

That why I said for me it is exceptional, the picture shown the best time I used, but normally I can used up 2 days and some hours.
For an additional, Brightness is set to Low first then Auto ON but I have ON the Sunlight Readability all the time, so when I get into outdoor, It's still readable for me.

P.S. I always charge it with Wireless charging plate when I sleep and take it off when get up.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My batterylife has been **** since a few weeks now. Today I woke up at 1pm and had the phone on the charger, took it off and now at 6:22pm I got a warning of low battery life. What the **** is going on? I've hardly used the phone, I had excellent battery life some time ago but now I'm afraid of using the phone when outside because I know it won't last me..

sharprobert

May 25, 2013
Visit site
hello,
ya..i had also a same problem with Lumia 920. it shows 100% charging but when i unplugged this from charger after some time battery just dropped down upto 70%. battery just stay for 5-6 hours.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Battery is driving me bonkers.

I have days where it is great and I have used it a ton to browse, make calls, text, and game and by the end of the day I still have a bit battery life left. The next day, with the same settings as before it is draining like crazy!

Example: Today I woke up and took the phone off the charger at 6:30AM after a full nights charge. It is now 2:20PM; I have literally picked up the phone twice. Once to check facebook (for about two minutes), the other to make a phone call (for five minutes) and my phone is now down to 27%......What is going on? The inconsistency of the battery in my Lumia 920 is frustrating. Yesterday, under the same circumstances, with using the phone even more than today at around the same time it was only down to 60%.

AHHHHHH! It drives me crazy...why is it doing this?

belld001

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a full cycle? When I got my phone the battery acted irregularly too. After doing full-cycles a few times my battery started to stabilize and now it is giving me roughly 4 days when fully recharged.

From my experience so far (quite limited really) all my battery problems have been caused by apps. The phone and the OS seemed okay. Then again I don't use a lot of apps and that's why I was able to pin down the cause. Do you have a battery app installed? If you do you might be able to monitor how your battery behaves over time. This may give you clues on the causes.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been OK - until now.

Last night I went to bed around 23:00 and left the phone beside me as usual - I use the alarm.
BUT: No alarm this morning. The battery had drained so much that the phone had done an automatic shutdown:
batteryDischarge1.png
batteryDischarge2.png
This has never happened to me before. But I have seen that others have had similar experiences ...

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a full cycle? When I got my phone the battery acted irregularly too. After doing full-cycles a few times my battery started to stabilize and now it is giving me roughly 4 days when fully recharged.

From my experience so far (quite limited really) all my battery problems have been caused by apps. The phone and the OS seemed okay. Then again I don't use a lot of apps and that's why I was able to pin down the cause. Do you have a battery app installed? If you do you might be able to monitor how your battery behaves over time. This may give you clues on the causes.

Do you have any apps with background tasks running? You usng a battery app, if so which one?

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting sick of the battery. Yesterday while at the doctors, I turned on 3G and was chatting on Facebook and reading GrantLand articles. Around 2 hours and an extremely hot phone later, I went from 99% to 25%. Same thing happened on sunday, I went to church, left with 78%, took a train/tube in London to my destination and lost 40% of my battery. I was using maps/GPS so I thought this was alright. Two hours later, with the phone doing absolutely nothing in my pocket, 3G off, all apps closed, I went from 38% to 11%, and needed to find my way back to my uncles house where I was staying with no GPS. It's getting to a point where I just want to get rid of the thing because I hate having such a great phone that I'm too scared to use in case the battery dies. Probably gonna get rid of it for a One or something if it happens again

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
my battery issues with the 920 can be linked squarely with LTE. My area just recently received LTE access. Before it got here, I was getting through an entire day (around 16-17 hours) with a little less than 20% left on the battery. Now? My battery lasts 6-7 hours. The only thing that has changed is LTE was turned on in my area...

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I get awesome battery life but I have notice in weak signal areas or lte areas it drains a little quicker. Definitely think your on to something. My buddies razor maxx super battery won't last eight hours driving around in lte areas.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I get awesome battery life but I have notice in weak signal areas or lte areas it drains a little quicker. Definitely think your on to something. My buddies razor maxx super battery won't last eight hours driving around in lte areas.

I used to think this was the case...i shut data off completely and get almost the same battery life. for some it may be this specifically, but for others like myself the problem exists beyond weak signals. good point though, multiple weak signal areas would generate more power from your device to stay connected to the network.

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is good enough to last the whole day. But it sucks when i start playing games for example. I played lufwaffe/drag racing for like 45minutes and my battery rapidly drain from 93% -66%. I mostly turn off my 3g/4g when i have a weak signal to prevent battery drain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans