Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, most definitely. I also tried the HTC 8X for a few days....took it back to the store. Nokia Lumia 920 is one of the best phones I have ever used....and I have used A LOT of phones.

reckoner79

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I would choose the 820, my wife's 820 has been perfect compared to my 920. The build quality of Nokias "flagship" needs a lot of improvements (rattling sounds, backlight leaking, dust in FFC/sensor).

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Always

I still don't see any gadget that could ever match Lumia 920. Xperia Z only tempts by its look, screen size and resolution. But still doesn't possess anything better than Lumia 920. So I will always recommend Lumia 920 to niche people untill its successor shows up :p

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Would I chooseLumia 920 again?: Yes, I love the camera, the UI, the screen, the body, the red, and the brand (Nokia and MS). And I can live with, poor battery, the lack of some app and the inconsistance service and staff knowledge of the product in my country.

Would I recommend Lumia 920 to others?: Yes, but not everyone.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
no. unless file manager is added. perhaps tv-out. fm transmitter. otherwise no. There are other phones that matcgh my needs. There are nice shiney things about the lu mia but the lack of functionality blows. The one I have is at least workign the way it should. No manufacturers defects or anything. Though it will feez up from time to time as with any os and require a reset.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Would I recommend Lumia 920 to others?: Yes, but not everyone.

I agree. I love my 920 and would recommend it to people who have some idea about phone operating systems but not to people who can barely operate an iPhone. For example, I have a coworker who has a bejeweled iPhone 4 and she often comes to me with basic questions like how to put music on her phone and how to email a photo she takes with her iPhone. She would have difficulty adjusting to any new phone OS.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would chose the phone again, but only if it didn't run windows (at least not at its current state). i am really hoping for more improvements in the future.

perspicatio

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Very happy with he 920 although it is hard to justify the cost difference over the 820 when all you get is a slightly bigger screen and a slightly less bad camera.

But Nokia is definitely back in the game, for me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Very happy with he 920 although it is hard to justify the cost difference over the 820 when all you get is a slightly bigger screen and a slightly less bad camera.

But Nokia is definitely back in the game, for me.

Worth it for the wireless charging, wireless charger, added storage, better display, and slightly-larger display. To get the wireless charging, it would be $20-30 for the cover and $50 for the charger, at which point you've spent basically the same amount. You then have to spend another $20 or so to get the equivalent storage, meaning you've now basically paid the same price of the Lumia 920, but you haven't gotten the display or size.

Oh, and I got my 920 for $50, plus I got the free $50 wireless charger (got AT&T to retroactively price match the Black Friday deal).

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No. I would not. I wouldn't choose the WP ecosystem again until it has matured a bit. Basic things like closing processes that are open, lack of combustibility (reording tiles and changing tile colors, limited color choices at that), and the fact that MSFT seems so heavily invested in other platforms than it's own is very troubling. The phone has a nice camera, but I didn't invest in a two year contract just to have a nice camera. Call quality should have been priority. Heck, the phone's firmware should have been a priority. It's a shame that this phone locks on simple tasks like a reset. The consumer shouldn't have to play detective and diagnose why stuff like that happens.

I personally would wait until the system is mature enough, with a lot of the basic features other competitor smart phones have are added and running. Now I feel a bit of buyers remorse.

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading about Lumia 920 and I was going to buy it. But after reading that many Lumias come with many issues, I started to think. In my country, it's hard to make Nokia accept exchanging bad Lumias for new ones. People are saying that Nokia does a factory reset and gives their phones back...
So can you help me about that? If you had another chance, would you prefer Lumia 920 again? If not, which phone would you prefer?
How many of you bought a bad Lumia?
Thanks much. Loved this helpful community.

NO NO NO. am going back to apple ASAP.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes and yes. Although I faced some annoying issues with it, but right after I know what's wrong with it and fix it, now I completely satisfy with it.
In the beginning, I accepted the fact that WP8 is a immature OS and its app selections'd be limited. But I accepted it and live with it. I don't think that other people who choose WP8 initially without knowing about this. Now I'm waiting for its growth, and the truth's I'm pretty impressive with its app store, not as limited as I imagined :D.
Just until it get some VoIP app such as viber or tango and I'll recommend it to everyone (especially my mom, her and me're so tired of that cheap, laggy android device...)

biffarino

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting thread. I have sent two 920s back now - one for horrible vibration rattle and random switch offs and the replacement for locking on the home and menu screens which requested a power button lock.

The second is being 'inspected' by the retailer, but I really don't know whether to try a third. Went from a iPhone 4S to a Nexus 4, which had a rubbish camera and the OS was hit and miss and then the 920, which I thought had great build quality, but has been iffy.

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If I had my time again, no, I wouldn't choose the Lumia 920. On paper it suited my business needs, and as I've only ever owned Nokia phones and have nothing but admiration and confidence in them, felt this was a safe bet. In the practical world it's been a very big let down. Despite following the best advice on the forum for certain issues, my phone crashes perhaps two/three times per week, the battery life is inconsistent and short, voice/call quality is inconsistent, not to mention a myriad of small but tedious issues with connectivity, volume/vibrate options, blurry photos, poor GPS for referencing. It makes me very nervous when I'm waiting for important calls, and I actually missed one telephone conference when I didn't know how to soft reset the phone. That cost me a great deal. As it's burned me and so far taken one hit at my business, I could not recommend this phone to anyone else. Sometimes, one chance might be the only chance a business has got. Those businesses need robust tools they can rely on.

kimerar33

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
No - on my third Lumia 920 now and i could (and may) technically return this one.

Phone 1 - Yellow Lumia 920 bricked within 14 day return window, received a red Lumia 920 in exchage
Phone 2 - Red Lumia 920 locked up four times while charging overnight, returned on 4th lockup and AT&T ordered a replacement
Phone 3 - Red Lumia 920 - no bricking or lockups yet; however the top of this phone is not secure to the screen and makes a clicking sound pressed...

There are things I really like about Windows Phone 8 but waking up in the morning with your phone off and you are supposed to be "on call" is not cool...

Me too had to replace my phone 3 times.
1, The audio jack didn't work and the screen wouldnt come on when on call.
DOA
2, new phone and the phone would make a cracking when Holding it.
DOA.
3. New phone again works great untill i plugin my headphones,when i unplugged the headphones the sound didnt work anymore.
DOA that one too and never buying a lumia ever again.

I really wanted to like the lumia and the windows, perhaps in a couple of years...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos