Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
No, owning a Lumia 920 has left a bitter taste in my mouth. My first one would constantly freeze until it finally died. The replacement one has been OK but the camera is faulty and there's a ton of dust under the front camera. It's also got a nasty creaking when handling the phone and the vibration rattles. This one will be going back soon for repair/replacement but if it comes back the same or a replacement is the same it's going on Ebay.

esteban22

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree, I'm definitely loving my 920 and having come from an iphone i will say i don't plan on going back.

however there are a lot of things "lacking". The app list is the fastest growing, however they have a lot of catching up to do. It's adequate but still lacking.

And I do love the nokia phone line up as well as their app line up. The Nokia apps are very useful however again, some are still in beta.

All in all, i love the phone, very fast, live tiles are great on a big brilliant screen, and very easy to use. Pictures/video are unrivaled. I would go with the 920 again for sure!!

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Best phone that I have ever owned, I would get this phone over any other.... Coming from iPhone, I will never go back to that locked down and outdated system.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
If you manage to get a properly functioning device: Yes.

If you get a device like mine: No.

It SHOULD be a great phone, heck it should be the best in the market right now. But there are just too many problems.

Think nokia needs another year or two till they sort out all the bugs and whatnot. Not stable enough for primetime.

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I would choose this phone again in a heartbeat. The Lumia 920's camera impresses (almost) every time and Windows Phone 8 is so fluid, I will never return to my previous Android devices again. As for iPhone, it's stale operating system bores me whereas WP8 is constantly changing with live tiles complemented by vibrant accent colors. The Lumia 920's PureMotion HD+ display is one to turn heads, not to mention the stunning and iconic design in a variety of eye-catching colors. So yes, I would choose the Lumia 920 again without any regret.

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Overall i'd probably have gotten an iphone5 if it was half the price; the lumia920 is nice but its media handling is atrocious. It only appears to remember 1 media file so if you open a tv app it will forget what mp3 you were playing.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
No, would hope for similar performance specs in a smaller package like the IPhone. IMO, Apple has the size correct, it's just a boring OS and at times, laggy IME.

wildauct

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
No. In fact, I returned the one I had. No VPN capability. No VOIP apps for PBX support. Can't set a static IP address at all, let alone for a particular network. It's not a serious business phone. It's a best a beta and still has a long way to go.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I was going to get the Lumia but didn't because for one, it was too big and chunky (didn't have that solid feel in my hand). Second, the guy at AT&T told me that there were so many returns on the Lumia due to software issues for that particular store. When I compared the display models of the Lumia and the 8x I was sold on the 8x because not only was it more comfortable holding it with one hand and my thumb could barely reach the opposite edge (very important factor for me with screen size and one handed use), but I chose the same themes for the start screens and let me tell you, the colors on the 8x just 'popped' and made the 920 seem less visually appealing altogether. That's my experience and my opinion.

Spicymikey

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That "software issue" might be windows OS (pre portico) more than the phone's firmware. I've had mine since December and never found a single odd behavior or quirk with it. I'm running on AT&T fully patched with Portico. I personally love this phone. Its heavier than my iPhone 4 for sure, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To me it's not "heavy", just heavier.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
That "software issue" might be windows OS (pre portico) more than the phone's firmware. I've had mine since December and never found a single odd behavior or quirk with it. I'm running on AT&T fully patched with Portico. I personally love this phone. Its heavier than my iPhone 4 for sure, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. To me it's not "heavy", just heavier.

Yeah, could be. It was primarily an issue with the phones turning themselves off and freezing. The display model would bug out when I visited the picture gallery. I was still able to equally compare the 2 phones. I do like the Lumia colors a lot. And the wireless charger though not necessary would be neat.

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Speaking strictly as a phone, yes. Feels great in the hand, solid, looks nice, runs well, camera (hardware-wise) is awesome.

That being said - if the question actually is "would I go back and buy it knowing what I know now"... then I'd say no. I think WP8 and how it works (and how it doesn't, when it doesn't) causes most of the issues with the phone, and that makes a panda sad.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel i need to vent my feelings one more time. No, never, no way, noooo, nope, njiet, nej, nix, nein, not in a million years. I am so disappointed with this phone and the longer I use it the more I hate it. This phone is closing in a deal and appointment with nearest wall...and yes, it will break. Grrrrrr

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
my answer would be yes. but i dont just use 1 phone. i'm not loyal to any 1 cell phone OS. i'm just a techy. i had a galaxy s3 but recently took it back and got an LG Optimus G from ATT. i am in love with the phone. sad to say i dont use my lumia 920 anymore, but that doesnt mean i dont like it. i just like my LGOG more. with the recent breakthroughs over at XDA i am able to have android 4.2 on my LGOG. 1 thing the LGOG doesnt have over the lumia 920 is the camera, but hardly any phone does. right now my sister is using my lumia 920. she loves it, WP8 is right up her alley. when WP8 updates their OS with the next major update i will revisit nokia and WP8. i am still a fan of them both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte