Phone/Charger Scalding Hot, Burnt Thumb

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
OOPS MEANT SCALDING HOT!!!

On Friday I got home from work, plugged my phone into the chargers as I prepared to walk my dog, get comfortable, etc... Asking the phone to last 9 hours is near impossible so I just accept this now, but that's besides the point.

The phone was on the charger for about 3-5 minutes. I went to unplug and burnt my thumb, the end of the plug was fried, bottom of the phone is warped and bubbled, (as is my thumb), and there was a burn mark on the arm of my couch.

I've had this L920 since about a week after launch since I had to return my first one. I have a 3rd at home that Nokia sent out in December for a separate issue.
Have a couple questions----

1. Has this happened to anyone else here?

2. What could've caused this after months of charging fine

3. Where do I find the batch information? It seems that's only relevant for customers outside the US, no?

It does appear that I'll have a lasting scar on my thumb from this, so at least I don't have to get that Nokia tattoo now. Brands are much cooler. lol

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. Charging on WP is controlled by the software so I am not sure what happened there. hasn't happened to me. any pix to share of your brand?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you should be contacting Nokia/Microsoft on this. It sounds a serious issue.
Could've resulted in a fire or worse. If there is potential equipment failures just waiting out there, they need to know.

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. Charging on WP is controlled by the software so I am not sure what happened there. hasn't happened to me. any pix to share of your brand?

LOL. I can take some pics, I just wanted to wait until I hear back from Nokia. I don't want to start overstepping. Big Brother is always watching.

Do know where to find this batch information I read about? TYIA

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a electric issue not the charger. Do you have circuit breakers there ?
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and it was plugged into a surge protector. All four models have run hotter than any phone.

There were other items plugged in that did nothing. Sorry for the late response. Still pending though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb