Ill fitting shell or handset to blame?

rhaco

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

First post here. Would appreciate your advice.

I bought a unlocked lumia 620 from an online retailer last week here in the UK. I am generally loving the phone and my first experience with windows phone.

I have noticed one problem, which is that the screen does not fully fit flush with the shell, Around 3/4th's of the length of the buttons side and halfway along the top the screen in sitting anywhere to around a mm above where it should be.

This in itself i could live with but it is the fact that I can notably depress the screen in the top right corner and along the side so that it does sit flush, with the back of the phone now making contact with the shell. Other phones I have checked in stores do not seem to have this problem.

I cannot work out if the shell or the phone is to blame. The shell does not seem to be warped at all. I was wondering if anyone else has come across similar issues?

In an ideal world I would just buy a new shell and try it out but there are non available in the UK at the moment.

Obviously I have used the phone so I can not return it as unwanted goods but I was wondering if this would be a legitimate reason to return it as a faulty good?

I appreciate it is a minor fault but it is niggling away at me.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Same with me but mine is only on the top right. I guess it's because there's no clip or lock in there and there's a connectors around that are that kind of pushed the back cover a little. I don't think there's any fault with your phone though ;)

rhaco

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I've inspected the phone further and you're spot on about the connectors to the headphone jack causing the slight raise at the top edge, which also explains the small clicking noise when you push down on that area. I think they've left out a clip/lock in that area so the shell isn't impossible to remove.

I think the screen popping up slightly along the right edge is just a case of a slightly loose fitting shell, I can see a very slight gap at the top of the right hand edge. Definitely not something to return it over, and hopefully a new shell may solve the problem if I can ever get hold of one!

Really loving windows phone 8 though after a brief 3 year split from Nokia with android phones.

rhaco

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Update:

With closer inspection I have actually found that the handset is to blame for the raised screen on the right hand side.

I removed the shell and layed the phone screen down on a perfectly flat surface and found that top portion of the right hand corner the phone curves upwards leaving a gap of over a mm between the screen and the surface.

I've arranged for the phone to be sent back and hopefully I will get a replacement in the near future.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Haha, after reading your post I only noticed it just now. At the right side, my phone is a little bit up as well.. This hasn't bothered me at all tbh. Loving the phone so far :)

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Em, actually yes I also just noticed the right part of my screen sort of curved upwards, only noticing it once you said it. It's hardly noticeable though..

rhaco

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Seems like it may be a design 'feature' then. haha.

Mine's fairly noticeable. Hopefully the replacement will be better, but if not I can live with it. It doesn't effect the function of the phone at all.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't affect any functionality of the phone at all. Just some minor fault on the design I suppose. Since many of us here are facing it, I think your replacement might have the same issue, perhaps with it being a little less obvious. Despite that, I'm very happy with my phone ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs