Nokia does not deserve my business...

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So I just received an email that my phone, which has been at Nokias factory since 1/31/13 is being sent back to me. Great news right? Not really. In the email I was told that they were not able to address the issue. The issue was the screen would go black when making calls and would not return. It also would not wake when I received notifications. Long story short I am getting my same exact phone back, no problem solved, nada. After not having my phone for almost 2 weeks, having to return three previous defective devices, and now this, I can pretty much say I am never supporting a company as dim witted as Nokia. Funny thing is that the company was relying heavily on this phone, only to have it fail in so many quality control aspects. Good luck in the future Nokia, you're gonna need it.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine back unrepaired, too. But they blew out the dust with canned air ( same as I'd been doing). Yay. Really disappointing, especially given they were a company I once had a great deal of respect for.

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine back unrepaired, too. But they blew out the dust with canned air ( same as I'd been doing). Yay. Really disappointing, especially given they were a company I once had a great deal of respect for.

I am right there with you. I have been backing Nokia from my iSheep friends for a long time now, but given how horrid this phone has been they have plenty of material to use against me. This is more sad and disappointing than anything else. Truly a shame.

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So I had the same issues and they never could figure it out. I decided to get an i5 and use the Nokia as a secondary device. The same warranty stuff happened to me with my 900 and they lost it at their warranty repair In texas for 3 weeks. They never called me to follow up or apologize. I hate comparing Nokia to Apple but with all the iPhones I've owned over the years I've never gone that long without a phone and I've had every version since the first iPhone.

Just wish they would send a new replacement first and then we send our defective one back.

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So I had the same issues and they never could figure it out. I decided to get an i5 and use the Nokia as a secondary device. The same warranty stuff happened to me with my 900 and they lost it at their warranty repair In texas for 3 weeks. They never called me to follow up or apologize. I hate comparing Nokia to Apple but with all the iPhones I've owned over the years I've never gone that long without a phone and I've had every version since the first iPhone.

Just wish they would send a new replacement first and then we send our defective one back.

And I thought my story was bad. Problem is, I don't really have that luxury. I'm a struggling graduate student and I can't afford to buy any phone off-contract. Nokia truly lacks in all departments of quality control. It's no wonder the company is practically collapsing before our very eyes.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
And I thought my story was bad. Problem is, I don't really have that luxury. I'm a struggling graduate student and I can't afford to buy any phone off-contract. Nokia truly lacks in all departments of quality control. It's no wonder the company is practically collapsing before our very eyes.

Sorry you had trouble, but the majority of people don't.

I'll never understand why people think because they had a problem it means every single device is defective, the entire company is lollypops and the world is coming to and end.

Put it in perspective.

Sorry you had trouble. Go buy something else or complain to Nokia.

Edit: LOL @ lollypops hahahahaha

Last edited:

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you had trouble, but the majority of people don't.

I'll never understand why people think because they had a problem it means every single device is defective, the entire company is and the world is coming to and end.

Put it in perspective.

I don't know why we have two buttons which one for thank and one for like but we don't have a single button for unlike !!

Unlike !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why we have two buttons which one for thank and one for like but we don't have a single button for unlike !!

Unlike !!!

Whatever man.

This board is devolving into a constant fest and people are tired of it.

If you don't like your phone, go buy something else and leave us in peace.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Whatever man.

This board is devolving into a constant fest and people are tired of it.

If you don't like your phone, go buy something else and leave us in peace.

I could simply say the exact thing .
Does someone came to your home complaining !! as far as I know that this is a general forum and you are not forced to enter this thread !

I am really tired of people just b*tching of our problem and complaining !
if some one open a whole thread just to say that he loves his devise , thousand of likes and thanks , but when someone open a thread complaining of bad experience tens of answers that let you feel they have a share in Nokia !!

DON'T LIKE A THREAD , SIMPLY DON'T ENTER !!!

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry
The point of this thread... is we DID go to Nokia and they weren't helpful.

When a company sells an expensive product that is defective then fails to rectify the situation, it's a legitimate complaint. The notion those of us with bad experiences shouldn't complain because you're satisfied is ludicrous. We have as much right to voice our bad experiences as you do your good

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Voicing your bad experiences won't fix your phone. If you already went to Nokia and they weren't helpful then tough luck. We can't help you with that. Get a refund or whatever and get another phone

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You're assumptions of Nokia crumbling have already been proven false due to their extreme increase in the market. If they really were doing so bad, their stock would too.
Yeah, you're having problems with your phone. Join the line of the others but most of us, well our phones are fine. Kicking and screaming about an error on Nokias part on these forums won't get you any sympathy vote.

Best advice, if Nokia can't do it. You're carrier can, and maybe once in awhile ask if anyone else on here has found a fix rather then complaining.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ask your retailer or carrier to solve your issue. It's their responsibility, not Nokias in the first place.

That's like saying a defective transmission in your new Dodge is the dealers fault. The manufacture is always responsible for the product they sell, and any defects that come with the product.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you to write a letter, email or anything to Nokia and let them know your issue and what is wrong with Nokia for not providing us with a good customer service. It happens worldwide, and not strictly to Nokia. I've never send my phone for a fix at Nokia Care because my phones, been more than 27 Nokia phones that I've gone through the last 15 years have never been experiencing any fault. Sorry for what you and many of you are experiencing with your phones but yeah... Anyway, you deserve to get a replacement phone anyway because your unit is definitely faulty. If you're in Malaysia, I think you can complain it to the "Tribunal Pengguna" or something.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Solution is simple. Write or email Stephen Elop - Call Nokia and ask to be put through to his office, get hold of his PA and tell her that you are extrmemly dissapointed and want to write a letter of complaint directly to Stephen Elop and which address you need to send it to. ALL complaints to CEO's are handled internally by a slightly different process (a 'fix it' request from the CEO's office gets priority over the 'normal' complaints route) try it!!

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You shouldnt have to .. but you will .. and it will MOST likely work out to be in your favor

Long story short: email alf noto .. the VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto@nokia.com

The reason I say is.. i was going through a similar thing.. though nokia TRIED to fix it.. within 5 hours of receiving the phone.. same problem occured.. the repair guy obviously wasnt bright enough to check if it had been fixed.
called nokia repair center back.. the idiot on the phone was really unapologetic and said yeah send it back
... dumb f. i just went through 2 weeks without it.. I get it back for one day.. and you expect me to send it back for another 2 weeks?

Emailed Alf Noto.. next day.. got a call from Sydney Nokia head office saying they needed my address to send the replacement phone

Last edited:

Huw Watkins

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere else (I forget where) that this was an issue with the proximity sensor. One thing that worked to fix it was using the front facing camera. Random but it worked for one guy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99