Uninstall HTC app for godly battery life!

devanm44

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the Poynt app to capture the weather, its great cause it also doubles as a good local guide. Just a thought. Poynt is an essential for me.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
For those that browse all platform forums, are there any where someone isn't complaining battery life? I've never found any. Just curious.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
I disable the HTC background task and I do not use the HTC lock screen. Wouldn't that be enough? How much of a change will there be if I delete it? I can go all day with normal use.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I deleted the HTC app last night, but I haven't noticed a big difference in my battery today. I'm about where I always am on battery level this time of the evening. :-/

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's an alternative, I'm not saying that you MUST remove to get great battery life, just that MAYBE your battery life will improve after uninstalling.

Etphoto: I'm not complaining, actually..

David Eberbach

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a significant change in battery performance after I forced the 7.8 update on my Arrive. After deleting the HTC app and using the phone for a couple days, I would say that I'm nearly back to my "old" battery performance. Before I deleted the app, I would have to charge during the day to make it thru, now back to a nightly charge. Thanks for the suggestion to uninstall it.

Nenomk2

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I moderately use the phone and go through 2 days without charging... HTC app running just fine. It's a smartphone, if I removed all apps to save battery I can just as easily go back to my SE w800 that lasted whole week. I used to charge Desire at the end of every day so this battery life is great, stop with the complaints already :D

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I moderately use the phone and go through 2 days without charging... HTC app running just fine. It's a smartphone, if I removed all apps to save battery I can just as easily go back to my SE w800 that lasted whole week. I used to charge Desire at the end of every day so this battery life is great, stop with the complaints already :D
I have extremely heavy usage at home, streaming videos, browsing the web etc, and to be able to have it last me through the day with heavy usage is quite a surprise to me. I don't use the app anyway, it just sits in on my home screen, showing the time.

OsT Pathology

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I removed the app because I didn't have a need for it. I did this on day 2 of getting my 8X, so I can't compare before/after of removing it. I am able to last from the morning (approx. 8am) to about 11pm before I get the critical battery popup. This is with heavy usage as well, so I think that's damn impressive. My GNex was at the same stage of battery at 2-3pm with medium usage that my 8X is at 11pm, so I'm very happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro