Battery life

belgiantrotter

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
well, I'll just reply my experience here but I know they are multiple threads on this topic :)

I had my phone for a full week now.
Battery life really got me scared at first!!! had unexplainable drains

I did a 2 full discharges where one really had the phone shutdown.
and now I get great timings!
BUT
I had issues with SKYPE notifications. (didn't get them anymore) and so I uninstalled SKYPE. Now I have great battery life!

NFC is off
bluetooh is off
I'm on 3G (don't really need faster seriously...) & wireless is on
I've got 4 e-mail accounts set to 1 hour sync
background apps: weather, battery, ski app, hello friends (set to refresh lock screen every 24 hours)

SO again I blame the drain on SKYPE and also probably because after 1 week I've trained the battery a bit

here's a phone after a full discharge
wp_ss_20130208_0001.png

phone today after nightly charge and full day on battery. OK I admit had only a few calls and a minimum of surfing
wp_ss_20130214_0001.png

I'm sure there are days when drain will be heavier... but when I don't use my often, I would expect to come home with a phone at least still 50% charged.

so my advice is if you experience drain, try disabling apps that run in background or apps that are setup to receive notifications. It could very well be one of these. Don't blame the phone directly, nor the OS running it

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Got new replacement Lumia 920 three days ago and I have to say that battery life of this phone is way better than the one before. Old one was constantly rebooting and thats why I got new phone (at first they just updated the Portico, but that didn't help).

But anyways, its now 48h since last overnight charge and I have still 36% left. Haven't been using the phone too much, few calls, sms, just 20 photos, some playing ja little www. I also downloaded few countries to Nokia Drive. I don't have e-mail yet, but otherwise I have everything ON (bt, wlan, location, NFC)

So I am very pleased for this one. Previous phone took approx. 1% battery in 1h standby (when nfc, bt, wlan etc. off). This phone takes less than that with everything on.

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So im getting really bad battery life? I listen to music, tweet a bit, use flux reader for around 15-20 mins. And WhatsApp. Barely any calls. And the battery goes into battery saver by 12. Removed it from a full charge at 730 am.

Mix of 3g and 2g

ZiiimZooon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The batterylife on the Lumia 920 is AMAZING!! I normally get 2+ days without charging it, even with listining to music, surfing, playing games, using the camera and sending texts :)
My old Nokia N9 only had a batterylife of 12 hours even with a smaller usage than I do with the L920!

But my N9 has a much more restistant screen than my Lumia... Sad.. Sad...

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So im getting really bad battery life? I listen to music, tweet a bit, use flux reader for around 15-20 mins. And WhatsApp. Barely any calls. And the battery goes into battery saver by 12. Removed it from a full charge at 730 am.

Mix of 3g and 2g

Maybe the mix of 3G and 2G is the reason. Try to set it 2G only and see what happens.

Do you listen via Nokia Mix Radio? If so, then streaming music eats battery. And I assume that if you have bad 3G and it switches between 2G and 3G all the time make it worse.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The batterylife on the Lumia 920 is AMAZING!! I normally get 2+ days without charging it, even with listining to music, surfing, playing games, using the camera and sending texts :)
My old Nokia N9 only had a batterylife of 12 hours even with a smaller usage than I do with the L920!

But my N9 has a much more restistant screen than my Lumia... Sad.. Sad...

Is your mobile network set to maximum connection speed as 3G or 4G ? ... or do you keep it 2G and change when needed ? ... how about wi-fi ? - on, always on or off and changed when needed ?

By the way, I am old N9 user too and I still have it ... but Lumia 920 hardware is clearly better ... :)

ZiiimZooon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Is your mobile network set to maximum connection speed as 3G or 4G ? ... or do you keep it 2G and change when needed ? ... how about wi-fi ? - on, always on or off and changed when needed ?

By the way, I am old N9 user too and I still have it ... but Lumia 920 hardware is clearly better ... :)

I put mine on max. 3G :) and only 4G, if I need to download huge sized files my laptop :p
Wi-fi is only on when I have to download a game / app over 50 mb, but else it's off most of the time, because I only have a internet connection of 256 kbit at home, and up to 70 mbit on my phone :p
And I normally charge it at 10 - 13%, and sometimes earlier if I'm not sure if I need to use it a lot :)

elciosso

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah same goes for me :) I?ve had the phone now for about 2 weeks andn all I can say is wow about the batterylife.
My Lumia 920, with the portico update, litterally Never goes below 36hours of usage and usually it lasts about 2+ days with MY everyday usage.
Before I had the HTC desire HD so its the only phone I can compare to. When using both phones on a daily basis and doing the SAME amount of things on them (well, only exception is turning on LTE/4G on my Lumia, which uses "more" battery" than 3G, but even then, theres no remarkable difference that I noticed), my HTC dhd battery lasts for approx 1 day and my Lumia 2+ days.

My daily usage - about 1h phonecalls, 1h gaming, checking/writing my msg/mails/facebook 30 times, surfing (usually wifi because I only need to turn on the 4G when on the go somewhere), not so much music though and maybe snapping 3-4 pics every day.

Im a VERY happy Lumia 920 user you can say :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a mixed bag. Some users get good runtime at times and others get terrible runtime.

Some of it is down to use, the other down to some randomness with the phone. For instance my phone used to use 20% battery overnight when doing nothing. Now it looses 0%. Go figure.

I am a moderate user and currently get a days use, which if I game a lot becomes half a days use and if I don't really use the phone, becomes a 1-2 day use. This is similar to my iPhone before.

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my phone (been at work for 5.5 hours) and my battery life is horrible:

wp_ss_20130215_0001.jpg

BTW: notice my phone has even been in Airplane Mode without WiFi..... and it's STILL dying!!!! Also, I don't have a single app with background running permissions enabled.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my phone (been at work for 5.5 hours) and my battery life is horrible:

BTW: notice my phone has even been in Airplane Mode without WiFi..... and it's STILL dying!!!! Also, I don't have a single app with background running permissions enabled.

Sounds a weird question but... do you make many voice calls?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo