Ativ S screen rotation lock?

nifty5

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to WP8 and have the Samsung Ativ S and so far like the phone. Very SGS3 from what I can tell but build quality & OS experience is great.

One thing that is really getting under my skin is my inability to find the screen rotation lock. Can anyone tell me where I can find this?

Using a TELUS version with OS 8.0.10211.204

Thanks for any help.

nifty5

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone does not have this feature built into it's "system" options but dev can turn it off if they please

Wow that's crazy that it wouldn't be included. I have searched the marketplace for a App but can't seem to find one. Anyone able to suggest one?

This might come off as petty but if I can't lock the screen I could see myself not staying with WP8 because of it.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well when I said dev I meant within their own app.

I'm sure that Microsoft will add that feature in the future but if you can't deal with it then good luck with your new phone then.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It sucks. There is no solution for now. As far as I can tell, MS doesn't even understand this is an issue.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It sucks. There is no solution for now. As far as I can tell, MS doesn't even understand this is an issue.

I'm sure they do since all of their employees use WP, they are probably working on it for the Apollo+ update. Apple didn't even have this until I believe iOS 4.0 or 5.0 I believe because I had to jailbreak and install a mod for it.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they do since all of their employees use WP, they are probably working on it for the Apollo+ update. Apple didn't even have this until I believe iOS 4.0 or 5.0 I believe because I had to jailbreak and install a mod for it.

If they understood I don't think it would have taken 2 years and counting... coding-wise, this is pretty much the simplest task they could ask for.

I am.a huge WP fan and believe these niggling issues are worth putting up with, but I also think MS is a dense and slow moving dinosaur on a lot of small features that should be here by now.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
No, I cannot believe all ms employees use windows phone - how could thousands of people, many of their experienced developers and technologists, stand with things like Xbox video, Xbox music, not working tiles, inability to restore on WiFi? No, I believe most of them use iPhone, and I believe all windows phone team uses iPhone, otherwise those stupid bugs like missing Xbox video would be spotted right away

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
All should be fixed in WP8.1 update!....we will see @WMC 😎

Just curious why you think this will be addressed in this update... it has not been addressed in any of the 8 or so updates so far, and as far as I'm aware MS has not acknowledged it as something they even know is desired. I am losing faith on waiting for the next update for these things...

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why you think this will be addressed in this update... it has not been addressed in any of the 8 or so updates so far, and as far as I'm aware MS has not acknowledged it as something they even know is desired. I am losing faith on waiting for the next update for these things...

All the function's that Microsoft WM6.5 already had will come again with Windows Phone 8 platform!

With all other OS having WM6.5 functions now! Microsoft has no choice but to bring back functionality into there new WP8 platform with this time being buttery smooth functionality involvement equal to:

- iOS6.1
- BB10
- Android 4.2

Just to bring back what they had in WM6.5 function's would bring them up to date with other OS now!

You see Microsoft has no choice but to add WM6.5 functions! Or they will fail and WP8 will be a dead platform!! 😎

The only thing we don't know is how long till they incorporate all the same WM6.5 function's back into WP8 platform? I believe by WP8 first Birthday be complete and more mature platform, till then we wait. "WP8.5" level like WP7.5 was to WP7 night and day difference.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my votes in since the day that site went online. Been a long time now. No movement on this issue whatsoever from MS.

Emanuel Arquileu

May 23, 2013
Visit site
This is really insane, and it made me think if I will continue with this Windows Phone :eck:

I use Nokia Drive GPS on my motorcycle but the screen is always rotating. I can't follow the map or the news about traffic, the screen is changing all the time rotating. This really sucks! I have the Nokia Lumia 710 WP 7.5.

Anthony Yeoh

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah... that's another concern about my WP, there is no other way to set ringtones for group contacts. I have to set it by individually, you know how many contacts list is inside my phone? 369 people, one by one go and set the ringtone for them... sucks!. really super stupid ***** WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720