Love the 920, not happy with Nokia Care right now

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So, I love my UK unlocked 920 - at least, I did :( A little bit of history:

- Saturday just gone, the screen completely stopped responding. Did a soft reset, sorted.
- Sunday, the screen completely stopped working again. 8 hours and 10 resets later, still absolutely no response to any touches/swipes.
No problem, I though, Nokia are good at customer care, I'll get in contact and send it back to them. So I did. At least, I tried - you can only phone them 9-5, but unfortunately (like many people who have a 920 I imagine), I have work 9-5. So I book a repair online on Sunday, and send off my phone Monday morning.
- Tuesday, I get an email from Nokia Care saying they've recieved my phone - great, I can stop worrying about that bit.
- Wednesday, they say it can't be repaired and that they've already posted a replacement via UPS.

Today I come home to find my new phone waiting for me. Brilliant (except for the gargantuan box it's been floating around in since yesterday). Then I unbox it and find exactly the same packaging I sent my phone away in and my heart stops. Remove the device from the box, and good god what have they done!? Not only is it absolutely and totally covered in fingerprints and grease, the SIM tray has been damaged (looks to me like it's been forced open), there is a scratch on the screen, there's a scratch/mark (I can only assume from a ring) on the back, and there's some horrible remnant of a sticker still stuck to the top.

The device I sent Nokia was immaculate. A quick rub with a microfibre and you wouldn't notice it had been unboxed.

I don't mind getting refurbished stock (well, I wouldn't have), but in this case there has clearly not been any sort of effort to actually refurbish it - they haven't even cleaned it. It isn't my fault my ?528 phone doesn't work after 2 months, so why am I being given a damaged one in return? I've already filled in Nokia's feedback survey as such and I will most definitely be calling them tomorrow about this, I'll let you know how it goes.

Does anyone have any contact details of people who actually help?

n.b. it did at least have Portico installed so it's one up on my previous one software wise....

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.....
It's surprising, because Nokia's support of their devices has always been one of the positives to owning a Nokia.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've read another post concerning contacting Nokia Care and here is what a user has written...I hope that helps!

You shouldnt have to .. but you will .. and it will MOST likely work out to be in your favor

Long story short: email alf noto .. the VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto@nokia.com

The reason I say is.. i was going through a similar thing.. though nokia TRIED to fix it.. within 5 hours of receiving the phone.. same problem occured.. the repair guy obviously wasnt bright enough to check if it had been fixed.
called nokia repair center back.. the idiot on the phone was really unapologetic and said yeah send it back
... dumb f. i just went through 2 weeks without it.. I get it back for one day.. and you expect me to send it back for another 2 weeks?

Emailed Alf Noto.. next day.. got a call from Sydney Nokia head office saying they needed my address to send the replacement phone

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.....
It's surprising, because Nokia's support of their devices has always been one of the positives to owning a Nokia.

I have to say I'm agreed in being quite surprised. When the screen went faulty I wasn't angry in any way, just a bit upset, but I knew that Nokia are normally pretty good. Now though I'm finding it hard not to be angry with them (or at least Anovo, their supposed 'approved repair centre' for the UK)

I will phone Nokia Care tomorrow, and I have left messages on their and Windows Phone's facebook pages, as well as filling out their survey and specifically selecting that I wanted to be contacted

TruPlaya187 said:
Hi, I've read another post concerning contacting Nokia Care and here is what a user has written...I hope that helps!

You shouldnt have to .. but you will .. and it will MOST likely work out to be in your favor

Long story short: email alf noto .. the VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto@nokia.com

The reason I say is.. i was going through a similar thing.. though nokia TRIED to fix it.. within 5 hours of receiving the phone.. same problem occured.. the repair guy obviously wasnt bright enough to check if it had been fixed.
called nokia repair center back.. the idiot on the phone was really unapologetic and said yeah send it back
... dumb f. i just went through 2 weeks without it.. I get it back for one day.. and you expect me to send it back for another 2 weeks?

Emailed Alf Noto.. next day.. got a call from Sydney Nokia head office saying they needed my address to send the replacement phone

Thanks for your help. I will give the 'usual' methods one more chance before going the route of starting to contact VPs etc but I certainly am not averse to doing so - I'm a marketer, so I understand the value of feedback good and bad and I certainly am not scared of offering it.

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Similar situation. Sent my phone in twice for repair and both time it has been returned unfixed and in a worse condition than it left in. Absolutely fuming.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I hope that sending email to Alf Noto can have the same treatment in Hong Kong.
I am coming to do so next week...

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Nokia Care after e mailing Stephen Elap about an issue with light leakage with my phone.
My phone was picked up, then the next day I received an e mail to say the phone was fixed.
As I had a couple of small scratches on the screen (dont know how they got there) i was hoping i would get a new one:eck:

My phone arrived and no light leakage and the scratches were gone:excited:

So I can do nothing but praise them.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, I called Nokia Care and all they said was to send it back. They have apparently also escalated the case and have taken my contact details for someone to call me back "ASAP" but who knows when that will be!?

If they don't call me back today I'll send it back tomorrow, but I'm really not happy that there isn't anyone at Nokia who seems to be willing to help or who a call can be escalated to immediately. I don't trust that if I send this phone back they'll replace it with one that's of good quality - I can only assume it came from "refurbished" stock even though it's clearly never been refurbished and if that's the state of their refurb stock I think I am reasonably entitled to a new device considering the circumstances, I'm not sending this back for some circumstantial thing like a bit of dust or a noise I don't like, my phone was completely and utterly unusable through absolutely none of my doing, I've never dropped it, it's never been in a pocket with anything but unused tissues, I've never even dropped it onto a surface, it's always been carefully placed down.

I know I'm being nitpicky about a small scratch and marks to the surface and the SIM tray (not forgetting the sticker still attached to it), but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a device of the same standard as the one I sent if Nokia deem mine unfixable.

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I just don't understand why they wont fix these issues? It's clearly a manufacturing flaw. At the moment I'm just sticking with it, but it still bugs the **** out me knowing I have those gaps at the edges of the screen - they just fill with dust and debris. Anovo just acted like there was no problem/fault, even after it was 'personally inspected' by a member of Anovo's customer service department. I'm just stuck now... Don't know what to do. Don't have a leg to stand on it would seem.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Quick update on my situation:

Nokia called me back Friday afternoon and were basically useless,they told me all I can do is send it back to Anovo so I did so on Saturday. They received it today, although they haven't confirmed or made any attempt to contact me yet. I'll call tomorrow and report.

Interestingly, Nokia tried to claim that they hadn't actually replaced my device, they had just replaced the mainboard. Two issues I have raised with this:
1) If they haven't replaced the bodyshell of my phone, they have certainly damaged it in the process.
2) Surely it is misleading me to say that they have replaced it when they claim they haven't.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Another update: I hadn't heard anything from Nokia by lunchtime today, so as I knew Royal Mail had delivered it I decided to phone them.

Cue the most repetitive conversation I have ever had. To pracie:

Nokia: We don't have any records for your IMEI. Do you have the IMEI of the replacement?
Me: I do but unfortunatley not with me as I'm at work (OK, fair enough), I'd have thought you would have it on your records though.
Nokia (5 minutes later): OK, I've checked for the replacement IMEI and we definitely haven't received the phone.
Me: You definitely have, I have the proof of delivery to prove it.
(repeat the last two comments for approximately 40 minutes)
Me: So are you willing to send me a signed letter saying you definitely never received the device? That's the only way Royal Mail will compensate me. It's up to you to prove you never received it, as far as me and RM are concerned it's in your posession.
Nokia: Let me put you on hold for a minute, I'll have them double check.
(15 minutes later, literally)
Nokia: OK sir, I'm going to have Anovo double check everything again. Can I please arrange to call you back?
Me: OK (contact details given).

Three. THREE minutes later Nokia ring:

Nokia: Hello sir, just to confirm we have found your phone and it's with one of our level 3 engineers now.
Me: Oh, excellent, so I can expect it back in the next couple of days then?
Nokia: Yes.

Well now there was a waste of an hour of my life....but at least they admitted they have received it now, not sure what the engineer is going to do apart from replace the entire bodyshell and glass though (surely by this point it really is cheaper just to send me an actual replacement)...

I am now being asked to supply photographic proof that my phone is faulty! This is ridiculous... I paid a LOT OF MONEY for this device!

Are you trying to claim for the dust problem? I don't really understand this myself but I can only assume they either don't know what you mean or don't think it's really a problem. I think the only real way of proving it would be to take comparison shots, maybe see if a phone shop will let you use one of their demonstrators as a comparator?

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Finally got through to Nokia Care center yesterday evening. Was told the mainboard had to be replaced.
After some searching, I found many posts of others who’ve had swapped boards, and some that still had problems after that. Eventually, in most cases, the unit was just replaced. I can’t understand how Nokia expects anyone to accept back a two month old L920 (purchased for p25,000 = $600+) that has basically been “refurbished”.
No original purchaser wants a refurbished phone after just two months.
Philippine buyers beware. If you have any problems with your phone, Nokia considers it to be just tough luck, and you’ll end up with a refurbished phone with little if any resale value.
Read the details here:
http://www.facebook.com/nokiaphilip...ffset=0&total_comments=8&notif_t=feed_comment

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes