Live tiles not working on Lumia 920?

PEdgeworth

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I realize there's been a few similar posts in the past about this, but I've noticed that 2 of my 3 live tiles (yes, I only have 3 live tiles!) have stopped working (Weather and LeMonde.fr in case of interest). I've tried uninstalling/re-installing, turn off/on location, cleared the IE cache and soft resets, but to no avail alas. Short of a hard reset, is there any other way of fixing this (assuming it can be fixed)?

Many thanks!

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
On occassion, mine will go several hours without updating. Once I notice it, I will soft reset and typically they will resume working after a bit. Sometime, I have to clear the cache, or re-size the tile, but that is all it ever takes for me.

My suggestion is to soft reset, let it boot, then ignore it for a bit. Sometimes, waiting for tiles to update is like watching for water to boil...

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Live tiles and lock screen apps are gimmicks. If you read the reviews from all the highest rated apps you'll find that none of the tiles update and the lock screen apps are a joke. Microsoft needs to stick to computers because Windows is broken when it comes to providing a quality mobile experience. In fact, any time you see someone with a WP check their lock screen, I'll guarantee it hasn't updated in hours or even days.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't going into settings > applications then background tasks fix some of these? If you block the background task for an app, the live tile won't update. Isn't that how it works?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett