Lumia 920 Wifi Direct + Bravia TV

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Could someone point me in the right direction about sharing content from my Lumia 920 with my Sony Bravia HX850 which supports wifi-direct. I have managed to establish a connection between them but totally clueless about how to share stuff(pics,videos).

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I remember using the wifi direct on droid phones for file transfers, but I think WP8 does not let me transfer files over Wifi-D, so what other use do i have of the wifi-d on my L920

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm so what are they keeping the wifi direct for on the phone....

Where did you hear that the Lumia 920 had WiFi-direct?? The Lumia 920, or any Windows Phone for that matter, does not have WiFi- direct.

DLNA works differently in that it uses WiFi networking but is not a direct WiFi connection between two devices.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Where did you hear that the Lumia 920 had WiFi-direct?? The Lumia 920, or any Windows Phone for that matter, does not have WiFi- direct.

DLNA works differently in that it uses WiFi networking but is not a direct WiFi connection between two devices.

I was going to say those two were reading different books. Anyway WP8 does not have wifi-d as far as I know. DNLA is a protocol for sharing over wifi but it is not wifid.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Im sure its some os limitation. And once MS gets it ready nokia will drop the bomb saying take advantage of the wifi d on your lumia smartphone:)

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been able to use the playto app to share pictures and music on my bravia. Haven't done video yet.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
yup music and video works to my Bravia TV as well. Video doesn't work for me however...Tries to go to the TV, but just hangs and then quits. Just a beta product, so not worried. Pretty slick app. Super easy to setup and operate.

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was able to stream video with sound, music, and static pictures from my 920 to my Samsung TV via Playto, it all worked, only video paused sometimes due (I assume) to down/upload speeds(?) - although DLNA films from e.g. my PC to TV don't do that.. still, good considering that it's beta product.. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs