Fix for rotation no longer working?

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I can no longer change orientation between horizontal and vertical on my 920.

Has anyone got a fix for this issue other than a factory reset and hitting to try and get the accelerometer working again? such as maybe reflashing the firmware!

rossc007

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Im having the same issue, did you manage to get a fix? I downloaded a sensor diagnostic tool and the accelerometer is completely unresponsive.

Regards
Ross

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me too, post Portico. You could try resetting the phone but that didn't work for me. Reset it 3 times but no joy but try it anyway.
There is even talk about re-flashing the phone yourself but with the exception of the issue with the accelerometer, my phone worked. I didn't want to risk bricking it because somebody on this forum thought it a good solution. Me, I returned it to Nokia for replacement. It took all of about 3 weeks.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually smacked it against and table and that fixed it

I did have a case on the phone so I wasn't worried about damaging it but it seems insane to me that fixed it!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually smacked it against and table and that fixed it

I did have a case on the phone so I wasn't worried about damaging it but it seems insane to me that fixed it!

I remember in the 90's when my 56k modem was slow I would hit the monitor and it would magically make it go faster... my 56k modem was below the desk with the PC. No idea how it worked 😃
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro