Anyone Have Three.co.uk MMS Settings?

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have followed the instructions to send MMS on three.co.uk but cannot send or receive MMS. Texts work ok, these are the settings I have that I can change on my phone :-

APN : three.co.uk
Username
Password
WAP Gateway(URL)
WAP Gateway Port
MMSC(URL) : http://mms.um.three.co.uk/mmsc
MMSC Port : 8799
Max MMS Size : 30720
IP Type : IPv4v6

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, no its not that unfortunately, what you put is what I put in everytime I set up the mms, but it reverts to the example I gave :/

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have "Access point" listed in settings? There was an almost identical problem reported on Virgin Mobile UK but was solved by updating the Nokia apps.
Visit the following web site and look for the QR code for the Nokia access point app. Then on your phone tap the search button (magnifying glass) then tap Bing vision (eye icon) and scan the QR code.

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

I'll also post the link to the Virgin Mobile help site for more info.

HOW TO GET MMS WORKING ON LUMIA 820 & 920 - Help & Support Forum

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your help, I followed what was written there to the letter and it still won't send or receive MMS, I am completely lost, Three technical support are next to useless saying they will get back to me!

With the wi-fi off, phone connects to the internet no problems, but still can't send messages. Confused :/

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you enabled mobile data on your phone? Without this mms wont work

If you know anybody with a windows 7 phone you can download network setup from Nokia, this sets up your network settings, than use these settings on your phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I dont know anyone with a Windows phone unfortunately.

And yes mobile data is turned on, I have confirmed with three that my account is setup for MMS so shouldnt be a problem their end. As I said its receiving as well as sending thats an issue.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
A mobile phone company that cant even solve a simple problem, I would not be staying with them.

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Indeed but Three off the best for the price especially with them giving 4G for free in a few months. To be fair they only started selling the 920 a couple of weeks ago, but their call centre is an absolute joke and incredibly difficult to understand whats going on half the time.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I know a friend of mine has had problems with the call centre, people from India(no disrespect) that he cant understand, and they seem incapable of understanding simple requests, hope you get sorted soon. Good luck 😉

jakem1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't know why you need this setting. I have an unlocked 920 with Three and I've never had any problem with MMS. Simply select 3UK in Access Point and you should be good to go.

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I am glad it works for you, but it doesn't for me, I cannot send or receive any MMS messages no matter what setting I choose or configure, plus three say my accounts ok, I hope technical support is a bit better

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You _must_ remove all manually entered APN settings and then let the phone find the correct settings for three through the access points settings option. If you have any manual settings entered (also check settings > mobile network) it will not work as these override the automatic settings.

Clear all settings and ensure you have the Access points menu option in settings, reboot (not reset!) the phone and run the Acces points option. It should come up showing it found and set up for 3 UK and you should be fine after..

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well people, I just dont know, I haven't done anything different, the 3 UK in the access point thing didn't work after a reboot so I entered the settings manually into the access point app and still nothing, just removed what i put in manually and restarted and lo and behold MMS messages are working now.

Why it didn't do that from the off I will never know!

Thanks for all your help.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Customer Support is horrible... 30-day contract, had it a year. I said time and time again I just wanted the PAC code (she tried the argument of it would be cheaper to get it unlocked. I ran the math past her proving that wasn't the case, she wouldn't take no for an answer). So, 20 minutes arguing, 20 minutes on hold, 46 minute total phone call... all for a PAC code when I was well out of contract.

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree, the first person I spoke to, if you can call it that, was giving me things to put in which weren't even valid, ie in the mms settings, put in three.co.uk and thats all you need, I told him you can't save the settings without entering more than that, his reply - thats fine, just save the settings and restart the phone <------- that would be the settings I just told you I can't save then lol

Dan Strong1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Take it you never got this working? I had the same crap response from Three, really want this working, keep getting them from my friends and can't open them!

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Yes I got it working in the end mate, I thought it was in this thread, thats odd, I will find the thread I did that I got it working and will post the link

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Ah that's what I did, I downloaded the Network+ app to the phone from this link :-

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

And configured what I needed to in that app which installs under settings and was good to go, here is my post from a few posts up :-

Well people, I just dont know, I haven't done anything different, the 3 UK in the access point thing didn't work after a reboot so I entered the settings manually into the access point app and still nothing, just removed what i put in manually and restarted and lo and behold MMS messages are working now.

Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo