820 recorded video will not play back

bladze1000

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am running an 820 with a 32Gb Class 4 memory card. I have been having the issues with music duplicating and then not playing properly. Now I am having an issue with recording video/pictures.

When I record a video on my phone. It can not be played back. I get the error "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone."

Clearly, seeing as I recorded it on the phone, it is a video format that the 820 can play. It seems to be an issue with the SD card. After filming, the video thumb nail appears on the camera roll, and it opens it so it fills the screen. But when I try to share the video, it crashes and returns to the font page. If I click play. It says it can not play.

Photos are a little different in that I can view the photo. But when I try to share the video, it will not allow me. It also has an error saying it can not upload it to sky drive.

I have tried reformatting the memory card but this did not fix the issue.

I love Nokia and have done for many years. However, a number of trivial issues are starting to get VERY annoying. Can anyone suggest a diagnosis followed by a remedy?

vhlee76

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've just had the same problem, only the video played last night and won't today - Did you ever solve the problem? Cheers

Dave Walsh

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am running an 820 with a 32Gb Class 4 memory card. I have been having the issues with music duplicating and then not playing properly. Now I am having an issue with recording video/pictures.

When I record a video on my phone. It can not be played back. I get the error "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone."

Clearly, seeing as I recorded it on the phone, it is a video format that the 820 can play. It seems to be an issue with the SD card. After filming, the video thumb nail appears on the camera roll, and it opens it so it fills the screen. But when I try to share the video, it crashes and returns to the font page. If I click play. It says it can not play.

Photos are a little different in that I can view the photo. But when I try to share the video, it will not allow me. It also has an error saying it can not upload it to sky drive.

I love Nokia and have done for many years. However, a number of trivial issues are starting to get VERY annoying. Can anyone suggest a diagnosis followed by a remedy?

Dave Walsh

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

You need to use a class six and above sd card, you can unmount sd card and record to phone, switch off to remount sd card,.

Bill Blydenburgh

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm having the very same problem on my Samsung Ativ Neo S. I don't think this is a memory card problem at all as my videos are not saved to my card. I can record, but I cannot play back. I get the same "we're sorry you cannot play this file on your phone". So I drag and drop to my desktop running windows seven 64bit. No player I can find will open these files. Because this problem is happening with a myriad of phones, and storage types. I have to conclude that this is a windows phone issue, not a hardware or storage issue. I have spent four and a half hours at at&t with no results. Entertainment purposes aside, the kindest thing I can say about Samsung is that they need to get out of any kind of business involving other humans. I have not contacted Microsoft yet. If they can't resolve this for me, it's back to the iPhone I go. I hate to do it because I lose all my office programs, which is why I switched to begin with, but this is just ridiculous.
Regards,
Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12