Cant call to any toll free numbers from Lumia 920

Jithinmjose

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I am from india and i am not able to call into any toll free numbers from my lumia 920 which i bought from abudhabi. Is anyone experiencing the same or is it just me? Is it because i bought it from outside india. I tried from my other mobile numbers and the toll free numbers is all working well and call goes smoothly from same carrier BSNL when tried from my other mobile phones( android & old Nokia N82). I think some settings is messed up or some problems as i bought from outside India. Can someone help me how to solve this problem also does anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks,
Jithin.

Jidhassler

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem most of my client calls require toll free dial in, It says" the call cannot be connected to a number outside the united states", I bought my Lumia 820 from NOKIA priority Bangalore India, I have to switch my sim to my older htc to make that call....This really sucks!

sreeramulu konjeti

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Go to apps --> settings --> Applications

Click on phone and turn off International assist.

Now you can try with any tollfree number, it will work. I faced same issue with Lumia 920 and resolved with this settings.

It will work for all windows 8 mobiles.
Regards,
Sreeramulu Konjeti.

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem most of my client calls require toll free dial in, It says" the call cannot be connected to a number outside the united states", I bought my Lumia 820 from NOKIA priority Bangalore India, I have to switch my sim to my older htc to make that call....This really sucks!
probably you should have asked for help in Nokia/WP forums or Just tried things before came to conclusion ;)

fanofkimi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys im new to this site. I have a lumia 925. Even i have the same issue of not able to call toll free no. I checked the setting and by default the international assist is tuned off. Even then i am not able to call a toll free no. "It says that i have dialled a wrong no. " Can any1 help. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs