Verizon 8X owners...getting OS update today?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind... I was wrong....

They advertised it in the update info and stuff, but still no option to disable or enable it. Also, my friend sent me a group text and there no way to distinguish it. Massive security concerns. You can text any Verizon WP8 user with a group text to eavesdrop on conversations

:( you gave my hopes up

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Downloading now except it's taking forever on campus wifi and I have to leave for rehearsal in about 5 minutes. If it allowed updates over LTE I'd be done by now.
Anyone who's finished updating, can we confirm/deny fixed group messaging? (not that I'm getting my hopes up)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Downloading now except it's taking forever on campus wifi and I have to leave for rehearsal in about 5 minutes. If it allowed updates over LTE I'd be done by now.
Anyone who's finished updating, can we confirm/deny fixed group messaging? (not that I'm getting my hopes up)

Well I don't have service where I am... but there are no options to turn off group chat in the settings, so :(

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
  • Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically?an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.

I don't see this in IE options. Is it not in this update?

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Downloading now. Had to go to "update phone" and check. First thing it did was restart my phone. Then I went back to "update phone" and it started downloading. Now it's installing............. (I'm on wi-Fi right now.)

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
HTC8X - Verizon
My update also stalled at 'Preparing to install - 100%' for a good long while, but finally went thru w/o issues.

I also do not see the IE update items (Browser History selective delete, auto d/l of pics toggle). Also don't see any 'restrict call numbers' option and 'auto re-try on connection'. Anybody get those items?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99