Beats Audio faulty after Portico update?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently listening to music for the first time since I updated to Portico yesterday. Since Beats Audio turns on when I plug in my headphones, I was able to notice a significant change in the music quality when Beats is turned off and on. But just now I noticed that the Beats Audio toggle doesn't change the quality anymore. Anyone else having this change/problem?

Green Samot

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, had it since I got the update a while ago. Need to unplug headphones and then plug back in. Toggle then works for me after I've done that.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Before Portico update last night Beats Audio always worked fine. After reading this thread I gave it a try...experiencing similar issues. When I plug n headphones it notifies me that Beats Audio is turned on...but the music doesn't sound like it. I have to unplug and then replug in the headphones and then it works fine. I tried this a few times. Definitely an issue with the software/firmware update.

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a known portico update glitch. The beats audio is turned on when the headphones get put in, but toggling the switch will not turn it off or alter it.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't aware of this issue since I have it turned on and don't toggle it.

So, if I have it always on there's no need to unplug/plug my headphones a second time?

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having two problems with Portico and sound....

First is with ringtones / notification tones: When i plug my headphone in the phone, it should make a notification sound (when beats is enabled), but sometimes the notification sound don't play completely, it stops and after a few seconds (1 or 2) it will play the rest.

Also when someone calls me, sometimes the phone ringtone does the same thing... It starts playing and suddenly it stops, and then it starts again... Very annoying.

Another problem is with video playback... When I start the video playback (with headphones) the sound is very bad, high tones seems to high, and there is no low tones, also i can her an echo in the sound... To solve this, every time I want to play a video, I need to start the video, unplug the headphone and plug it in again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz