Lumia 820 stuck on spinning gears-screen when updating to Portico

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My girlfriend wanted to update to Portico today, but her 820 has been stuck on the spinning gears-screen for over five hours now. Does this mean it is bricked? Do we have to go back to the store to get a replacement or is there another way to fix this? I'm reluctant to do a hard reset because I'm afraid she might lose things that are precious to her, like her Ragdoll Run scores... Please, help me help my girlfriend out!

Cheers!

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya try soft resetting. And if it doesn't work try about ten more times, when mine first bricked I sent mine back, and then the second one bricked so I messed around and kept doing soft resets until it finally worked.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
We must have soft reset it about a hundred times :p But anyway, we decided to just let it run the gears for a few more hours, and guess what? The phone turned on again after approximately 9 hours of updating! And it gets even better: Portico hasn't even been installed. Now my girlfriend is scared to install it and will stick with the old firmware. But thanks for the help guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium