Switched to Lumia 920.. Now need help seriously

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have been using the iPhone for a few years, recently received the Samsung Galaxy S3 from work so I decided to check out the Lumia. Can I get some help with the following:
1. Is it possible to have more than 1 calendar event show on the lock screen?
2. Same as above but show on the live tile? Maybe 2 events?
3. Turn off the live tile with contacts - don't really want to see all my friends pictures? Without making the tile small.
4. When will iHeart Radio or Pandora be available?

I guess that's it for now. Still playing with the phone so I might have more later.
Thanks,

No, No, No, Not sure.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I beg to differ here ..... My SG3 was giving me around 10 hours of work day and still remaining at 50% level when i would reach back home... and on that phone i was using whatsapp extensively and much more mailboxes were attached to it. And i used to play lot of temple run and subway surfer.. but on that particular model i never got any scare of draining my phone's battery to any critical level.
Dont really know how you did that. All I can think of is setting the cpu on lower 2 option. But for me I just can't allow myself to suffer that jitter every time I flip to another menu. And the performance setting just kill the phone less than 7 hrs.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, it looks like AppoinTile works pretty good - just using the trial right now.

Here are a couple more questions:
1. Speed Dial? Can there be a tile that will dial directly?
2. Do I need a case?
3. Change the color of individual tiles - I know I can change the theme but are there any configuration to each tile?

Thanks - You guys are great

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, it looks like AppoinTile works pretty good - just using the trial right now.

Here are a couple more questions:
1. Speed Dial? Can there be a tile that will dial directly?
2. Do I need a case?
3. Change the color of individual tiles - I know I can change the theme but are there any configuration to each tile?

Thanks - You guys are great

Rapdialer.

No you ideally don't need case but nothing wrong with extra protection. You cant change individual tile, that would take ages for someone like me to do with about 59 pinned! Its a system wide setting.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I do mobile development and can comment a little on your battery life, since I have an SG3 and a 920 and have done battery drain tests with our apps to see how much strain it puts on the phone.

Your battery life comparison is pretty off from what it should be. In identical situations, doing the exact same thing on both phones, your 920 should last you about 30% longer than the SG3. If you aren't getting that kind of battery life, there may be something wrong with your phone. Might be worth swapping out?

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have a few more items, this time sounds:
1. Can I set individual alerts / sounds for different accounts? I have my work email and hotmail
2. Can I change the sound for Calendar reminders?
3. Can I change the sound for individuals text messages? A different sound for wife, kids...

That's it for now. Thanks,

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, I have a few more items, this time sounds:
1. Can I set individual alerts / sounds for different accounts? I have my work email and hotmail
2. Can I change the sound for Calendar reminders?
3. Can I change the sound for individuals text messages? A different sound for wife, kids...

That's it for now. Thanks,

No for all three.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I do mobile development and can comment a little on your battery life, since I have an SG3 and a 920 and have done battery drain tests with our apps to see how much strain it puts on the phone.

Your battery life comparison is pretty off from what it should be. In identical situations, doing the exact same thing on both phones, your 920 should last you about 30% longer than the SG3. If you aren't getting that kind of battery life, there may be something wrong with your phone. Might be worth swapping out?

30% longer not true now with Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly bean update fixes GS3 power problem! Should get the same amount of time & power out of that 2100mAh battery.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I find it weird that to maintain good battery life on a phone someone should dwell to a slower speed lol.....really? Does the S3, or Note 2 have that issue where you need to slow down to old 3G to maintain good battery 0_o
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I find it weird that to maintain good battery life on a phone someone should dwell to a slower speed lol.....really? Does the S3, or Note 2 have that issue where you need to slow down to old 3G to maintain good battery 0_o

Yes ALL smartphones have to either be clocked down or use slower internet which in turn clocks down in order to have longer battery. This problem is easy to notice and understand on Android where cores are added like free whipped cream on latte. The batteries aren't evolving at all. The innovations are in processors, screens, audio and camera but our batteries are nearly the same technology as 2000. We've only managed to learn and put bigger sized battery on phone. Of course a phone with car battery attached will last longer than others.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Graffiti app. Seems to work great.

I am really liking this phone but I still have more questions:
1. Can the proximity sensor turn off when I am using my headphones? When I want to multi-task I have to be careful to keep my hand from it or the screen goes black.
2. I thought I saw a setting to turn alerts off during certain times (similar to "Do Not Disturb" in iOS). I thought it started at 00:00 and when to 08:00 or 06:00 but I can't find it again.
3. Is there anyway to get to the top of the list in a hurry? Ex. iOS tap the menu bar; G3 double tap the top of the phone

Thanks in advance

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the Graffiti app. Seems to work great.

I am really liking this phone but I still have more questions:
1. Can the proximity sensor turn off when I am using my headphones? When I want to multi-task I have to be careful to keep my hand from it or the screen goes black.
2. I thought I saw a setting to turn alerts off during certain times (similar to "Do Not Disturb" in iOS). I thought it started at 00:00 and when to 08:00 or 06:00 but I can't find it again.
3. Is there anyway to get to the top of the list in a hurry? Ex. iOS tap the menu bar; G3 double tap the top of the phone

Thanks in advance

1. No
2. Never seen that
3. Yes, on app list double tap Windows key, it will take you to tiles view but when you swipe left, you will be on top. Or press any alphabet on list, tap A.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes ALL smartphones have to either be clocked down or use slower internet which in turn clocks down in order to have longer battery. This problem is easy to notice and understand on Android where cores are added like free whipped cream on latte. The batteries aren't evolving at all. The innovations are in processors, screens, audio and camera but our batteries are nearly the same technology as 2000. We've only managed to learn and put bigger sized battery on phone. Of course a phone with car battery attached will last longer than others.

You're right about battery tech not changing......but I would have to disagree with you on the slowing down your speed to maintain battery. Unless this is a WP8 that I don't know of because my Lumia 920 will last me an entire day on LTE and I game,text, email none stop.......so idk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb