Wireless Charging Issue After Portico

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Now that my Verizon 8x has been updated with Portico, I have noticed that the wireless charging is acting up. What happens is that, as best I can guess, the phone gets fully charged on the pad (Energizer 3 way charger), then the light blue light blinks rapidly for a second then goes off for maybe 30 seconds (where before it would stay lit all the time, even after a full charge). After a short period of time, the phone wakes back up, the little light turns from green to red for a few seconds, then back to green, signally fully charged, then the phone goes back to sleep and the blue light on the charger goes off again. This will repeat as long as I have the phone on the charger.

Before the update, the phone would charge perfectly, though the blue light on the charger would never go off (by comparison, my wife's Droid 4 with wireless back cover when fully charged, the blue light will turn off). It appears to me that they tweaked something to have the phone signal the charger to turn off properly, but for some reason the phone keeps waking back up and reinitiating the charging cycle.

The doesn't get hot after any of this, so I am not sure what exactly is going on.

Anybody else see this issue?

On a side note, battery life seems to have improved greatly. My phone only drained 6% last night compared to the usual ~17%.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but it sounds like it was tweaked, and when its charged the pad stops charging, then with the slightest drain it starts to charge again. Pretty sure this is normal.

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I unplugged the charging pad for a bit and rebooted the phone and it seems to be working okay now. Not sure if it was a glitch or what. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Update: It is still messing up, but not every time I put it on the charger. Most of the time it works fine. No pattern that I can discern...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb