Nokia HERE applications already available.

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick heads-up for you 8X owners. The Nokia HERE Maps, Transit and Drive are already in the store on my unbranded 8X in the UK.

They seem to have full account integration with here.net, meaning that you can add a POI on the site and it will sync with your phone! That is one feature which I missed the most from Google Maps.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I see them too =)

wp_ss_20130225_0008.png

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick heads-up for you 8X owners. The Nokia HERE Maps, Transit and Drive are already in the store on my unbranded 8X in the UK.

They seem to have full account integration with here.net, meaning that you can add a POI on the site and it will sync with your phone! That is one feature which I missed the most from Google Maps.
can you show me your settings>license?
I would like to know if it is a global license, need to give some advice to another friend. Thanks!

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Exploring the marketplace from my phone didn't show them, but searching for them on IE and clicking the links show them on the store.

I live in Mexico and previously I wasn't able to download the HERE Drive app. I have just installed HERE Maps, HERE Drive and HERE Transit.

I think not all countries are available as of now, but anyone can try searching the web if they don't appear on your phone's store.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think not all countries are available as of now, but anyone can try searching the web if they don't appear on your phone's store.

Yeah, they are in the store, they just don't allow me to install it. The good old "This app is not available for your device." message.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Got them on my AT&T 8X here in Philadelphia. Shame we don't get city lens too but the Transit App was the only one I cared about anyway. So, I'm pleased to have it. :)

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I tried to install City Lens on my Verizon 8X and it told me that the app uses features that my phone doesn't have. So sad :(
This is interesting though because it's a different unavailable message than we'd normally get. It specifically states it doesn't work because it doesn't support 720p which leads me to believe that it's no longer technically exclusive but didn't make it compatible (yet) with resolutions that Nokia phones don't support. Someone with an 8S or other non-Nokia WVGA device needs to test this out.

Brandon619

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Got them as well. Search for either Nokia or here in the search bar on the store. Just trying to find them on the store is like impossible something ms needs to work on like a complete overhaul of its g
Store... HTC 8x T-Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs