Jumping to Windows 8 from Apple

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Well yes that's true regarding the battery. I will mainly be using it for internet browsing twitter foursquare and music on the go and of course photos too.

Guess it will take a bit of getting used to a larger phone from the iphone 4 as with most phones these days the size is increasing as long as the weight is not making me feel like I have a brick in my pocket I will be happy...saying that I do remember having a Motorola which had to be clipped on my waist as was too bulky for the pocket back In the early 90s lol

I'm not using those apps but I don't think they are battery killers, at least from the threads in this forum. In terms of weigh, 920 is heavier than most phones in the market. If you want to choose a light wp8, you can take a look at the newly released 720. It's light as iPhone 5 but with bigger screen and all other features.

barnyr

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have found battery life on my Lumia 920 is about twice as good as BB Bold 9900, which is twice as good as iphone 4s. Lumia gives me the best battery life of any phone i have had in past 10 years. Good luck.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
24 - 40 hrs depending on use. My wife's 920 will last for at least 2 days and she does a lot of texting, calls and facebook. If I am on Explorer a lot the battery will take a hit, but then like i say 20 to 24 hours so: Good!

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are making sure that you are exiting out of apps that may be running unintentionally in the background, and don't download apps like Weave or Nokia Drive or Nokia Music, you will get battery life that's far better than the iphone 4's, but WP8 cannot manage itself unlike iOS, so you need to help it out
Wait, why can't you download Nokia Music and Drive? That's why I want a Lumia 920.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have iphone 5, have had iphone 2,3,4 etc. before and also bored with iOS, so I bought Lumia 920 ?3 weeks ago. It is a very nice phone, I like it very much. But... I do not understand how people can say that battery life on Lumia is nearly the same as on iPhone. In my experience it is so not true!

Really, I am an average user (e-mail, Facebook, internet, music, almost no games) and I can easy use iphone for 2 days without charging. At the end of the second day I still have 20-25% of battery left. With Lumia I am lucky if I have unplugged the phone at, say, 8AM and have 10% of battery left at 9PM.

I am sorry to say that, but If the battery life of your phone is important to you, than you will be disappointed with Lumia. IMHO, the Lumia's battery life is extremely bad compared to iPhone.

Just saying :)
iPhone vs Lumia 920 Battery Time-lapse Challenge - YouTube

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Great battery life for me, i switch off WiFi (no enterprise WiFi yet on Windows phone) & NFC (no applications yet), BT on all day, battery lasts whole day. the battery drains fast if i shoot videos or use Voice guided GPS. i have 5 e-mails, Facebook, weather app running/syncing all the time. Battery life depends on what kind of features you enable/run in background. If i run my phone in battery saver mode (only manual syncing) the battery will least for at least 2 days.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
did you play around with screen brightness, touch sensitivity, NFC ? these can affect battery life.
Hi,
I have iphone 5, have had iphone 2,3,4 etc. before and also bored with iOS, so I bought Lumia 920 ?3 weeks ago. It is a very nice phone, I like it very much. But... I do not understand how people can say that battery life on Lumia is nearly the same as on iPhone. In my experience it is so not true!

Really, I am an average user (e-mail, Facebook, internet, music, almost no games) and I can easy use iphone for 2 days without charging. At the end of the second day I still have 20-25% of battery left. With Lumia I am lucky if I have unplugged the phone at, say, 8AM and have 10% of battery left at 9PM.

I am sorry to say that, but If the battery life of your phone is important to you, than you will be disappointed with Lumia. IMHO, the Lumia's battery life is extremely bad compared to iPhone.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
not comparing oranges to oranges, 4G LTE is a battery killer, you can compare iPhone 5 to Lumia 920 (wrt to 4G LTE), not with 4S & 4 because these were not 4G LTE phones. another thing to consider is the NFC which iPhone 5 doesn't have, i heard NFC is a battery killer too, i never switched this on because i never found any use for it yet.
But there's the rub. Iphone5 has an excellent battery, hours better than iPhone 4 and 4s. In order by battery life: iphone5, iphone4, (lumia920), iphone4s. Though the i4 and the n920 are close to tied (to me).

Fraser Robertson

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
not comparing oranges to oranges, 4G LTE is a battery killer, you can compare iPhone 5 to Lumia 920 (wrt to 4G LTE), not with 4S & 4 because these were not 4G LTE phones. another thing to consider is the NFC which iPhone 5 doesn't have, i heard NFC is a battery killer too, i never switched this on because i never found any use for it yet.

Yes that is true it will use more power this reminds me of the days when 3g first started up and my old NEC 3 Mobile flip phone was a big beast to carry around and was lucky to last half a day lol

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
If battery is going to be a concern you could always drop down to an 820. Same internals aside from the camera and storage (though SD card enabled), slightly smaller screen but you have the option to swap out the battery and carry a spare.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've only had android up til January this year. I got the iphone 5, thinking it would be brilliant, and it was really quick and lovely but just not what I expected!! I changed it for the 920 and will live with charging battery more often for the great camcorder (much better than the 5) and camera alone ... the 5 just seemed a bit boring and not what I expected. Albeit my experience with the 5 was only a few days, it just didn't do it for me, the way I thought a top of the range phone/operating system would!!

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
its great in comparison except for web browsing. which i think yeilds less battery life no matter what you are doing. It's probably something to do with the fact that its not webkit based. I think its probably just a software optimisation thing that will improve in time. But yeah, coming from an iPhone 4 myself, it seems fine otherwise.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
its great in comparison except for web browsing. which i think yeilds less battery life no matter what you are doing. It's probably something to do with the fact that its not webkit based. I think its probably just a software optimisation thing that will improve in time. But yeah, coming from an iPhone 4 myself, it seems fine otherwise.

Nokia Xpress is a webkit browser, so we have that too ... and I think that it is really good one if someone has a limited data plan ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss