Battery Save mode, no WiFi?!?!?!

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so is this a bug or something? When my phone goes into battery save mode the WiFi turns off. When I go into the settings to turn it on it turns in then off by itself. What in the world is that?????
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmm that's interesting, when I'm at home I have phone on WiFi and it will last me a lot longer then 4G

J Hisham

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No. WiFi can chew through battery faster than 4G. I dont think it matters which phone you have.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex
Actually quite the opposite. WiFi consumes less battery coz the external WiFi modem does most of the work, whereas the 4G modem is located internally thus consumes more power from your battery while it's doing it's stuff. The only time your phone will consume battery through WiFi is when you're not actually connected and it's searching for a network. So yeah, if you're connected to a WiFi network, the battery saver shouldn't disconnect from the WiFi unless it's searching for a network.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had my phone at like 70% but I wanted to try out the batter save mode... When I did that it would connect to WiFi for like 3 seconds then WiFi would turn off...

But when the phone goes to 20% and goes to batter save mode it won't turn off the WiFi.......... Weird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs