Lumia 720 - the 'Goldilocks' Nokia?

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice tidbit. Thanks! Definitely makes me feel better about waiting for the 720.

I have to say my only slight concern is around the 512MB RAM. I'm not sure if that will potentially be a hindrance in the long run. The only thing I can think of that might need the 1GB RAM is certain games? I don't think there are any apps around that need that much are there?

I'm not one for really playing games on my phone anyway and most of the ones I do play are easy time wasters like geoDefense, Angry Birds, Solitaire - that kind of thing.

Given the issues the 920 seems to have had and be having (dust problem anyone) I'm fairly certain I'll be plunking down for a nice glossy white 720.

Only question is - living in the USA, where the heck am I going to be ale to get my hands on one?

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Since ROGERS™ has exclusivity on the Lumia 920 here in Canada, is there any talk of any other carrier picking up the 720 in its place?
"..TELUS, I'm looking in your general direction"

Plyschgrodan

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen a firm release date for the 720 anywhere? Heard loose talk about April in some countries, but here in Sweden Nokia just have it listad as "coming soon". Would love to get my hands on one of these devices ASAP! :)

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

lgdlman

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Supposedly Verizon's new 928 will be in a 720 body . . . . the 720 doesn't have the same camera that the 920 does. If the new 928 has the 8Mg camera, I'm all in!!

Otherwise, it may be an 8X.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy the Samsung. Hope you don't feel bad once you see the right price of 720 and feel bad later that you bought an orphaned phone and a dud.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
+1 I think it at this stage its worth hanging on a couple of weeks to find out more definitive details on pricing in the wild.
As for purchasing in the USA - i have purchased two phones now from negri electronics - no problems with delivery or quality of item - they also had the 920 before most other people too... I am guessing they will have the 720 also.

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
Enjoy the Samsung. Hope you don't feel bad once you see the right price of 720 and feel bad later that you bought an orphaned phone and a dud.
Lighten up!

As the starter of this thread, you can't deny my enthusiasm for the 720; it's a great looking device. However, the lack of accurate pricing information and availability has put me off. Nokia could learn a lot from Apple in this regard: they should announce exactly when a product will be available and how much it will cost.

Last edited:

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
So the prices for the Lumia 720 are finally announced. First, it's exclusive to O2 on contract and PAYG. Secondly, the SIM free unlocked price is ?382 from amazon.co.uk

its a great looking phone, but too limited availability and too expensive IMHO.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs