920 screen unresponsive during charging

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey !!!

To start with this is not the phone/os freezing issue. My Lumia 920 is behaving pretty good lately (No reboots since one week. touch wood.) However the screen seems to become unresponsive randomly when I use the phone while charging.

I am charging the phone using an ipod charger (my nokia charger burned-up). I checked the ipod charger and it had the same output (1Amp, 5V) as the nokia charger. I have never come across the screen being unresponsive while charging through my laptop. This got me thinking if this has something to do with current output (laptop usb being of low current o/p).

Let me know if anyone else has had this issue

Edit : I forgot to mention that the once I lock and unlock the phone the screen becomes responsive and sometimes becomes unresponsive again. The capactive buttons doesn't seem to be affected.

Last edited:

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I heard that unresponsive screen is due to lower power that prevent you can both charging and using at the same time. Try another stock charger, may be it'd work fine.

P.S: I'm using stock chargers and didn't get this issue

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Will try that. But still I don't think it is low power since the phone was charging the whole night and I got this issue in the morning.

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me as well. Using official charger connected to plug point. Happened to me while playing Where's my water and another game, screen stops responding. All I do is switch off screen and switch on again, it works fine. During this time, the buttons works. Looks like some bug with charge mode and screen response.

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I really doubt that it is the charger. As Luke's father above has mentioned it does happen with stock charger. Besides the manual says that it is compatible with any IEC/EN 62684 standard is compatible. I am assuming that stock chargers of other manufacturers do.

samihussein

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi , seems that i solved this problem with my Lumia 920.
i used navifirmplus_1.7 to download firmware "RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_im_mea3_306_02_121284_prd_signed" "059R0H3"
i'm connecting my Lumia 920 to my pc or to wireless charger with no troubles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99