Nokia 920 on Telus Feedback Please!?!

jdowsett

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Looking at finally buying and unlocked Nokia 920 from canadagsm or expansys and would like feedback from people on Telus if they have MMS and Internet Tethering working as both of these are needed or its a dealbreaker. thxs for the help.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Should work without problem. I used to have an Lumia 900 LTE from Rogers. Got it unlocked and I used it on VirginMobile/Bell and never had a problem. Just had to change the APN settings.

jdowsett

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the reply - i read about people having issues on Telus and want to hear from a few Telus success stories as lots of people say it works but then you ask about internet tethering or mms and it doesn't. thxs again

Xaxxus

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
i hope you didnt buy it,

I got one and have had absolute nightmares with it.

MMS cannot be recieved,

tethering is very hit or miss.

Ive done everything humanly possible to get it working, i even flashed an international developer version of WP8 onto the phone!

All that managed to do was fix some of the MMS problems. Still cant recieve them from Wind mobile users.

Tried the access point app, still nothing.

I gave up, i put the rogers ROM back onto the phone and put it up on ebay. No pentaband phone should require that much hassle to get working.

Last edited:

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually had no issues in getting it to work. There are some pretty good instructions posted on using the access point app for the purposes of getting hot spot working. As for mms, entered the apn settings and everything works fine. What I do have an issue with which may or may not be the TELUS network is periodically my phone looses all signals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs