Brandonnathaniel

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
One more question for the experts out there..

If I download an app that is free at the time of download, and I need to uninstall (for example to save space) and the developer no longer makes the app free... do i lose the right to that application? if i re-install from mywindowsphone.com will it prompt to charge me? I'm curious because I want to take advantage of new apps and games that are being offered for free, but i have about 2 GB left on my HTC 8x and i kind of do a balance and shuffle of material saved onto the phone to make sure i always have free space for pictures etc.

let me know !

Brandon
HTC 8X Verizon (black) Unlock using on T-Mobile $50 Prepaid

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just tried this out for you with Calculator? and yes it would seem you lose it as the store now asks me to "Try / Buy" - I downloaded it when it was free.

Store seems to act differently to the iOS store in that respect iirc.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can click "purchase" later and it will say "you already purchased this item, download it again?" instead of the payment dialog. so yes, they will be stored ;)

Brandonnathaniel

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just tried this out for you with Calculator? and yes it would seem you lose it as the store now asks me to "Try / Buy" - I downloaded it when it was free.

Store seems to act differently to the iOS store in that respect iirc.

oh man.. that sucks... i got two different answers ha. sorry you have to pay for Calculator(3) now :(

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
He does not, he just didn't go on with clicking "buy". The store has this stupid behavior since always.

Touch?!

Chregu is correct Brandon - looks like your apps are safe!

wEEzlb6.jpg

D M2

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I installed flyby when it was free then a few days ago there was an update available but when I tried to install it I kept getting an error, I uninstalled the app and have just gone to reinstall it (it's 79p now) and it charged me, Didn't recognize that I had previously had it installed, I think one of the devs specifically said in a past thread that you would not get charged for it if you had to reinstall for whatever reason, I want my 79p back to buy a better app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium