Lumia 720 Purchases

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, following from the announcement of the Lumia 720 at MWC, who's interested? Are you planning to get one of these? Five? Ten? Ten million? Let us know your thoughts!

alekalek

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one when they arrive in Switzerland. I have an iPhone 4S and a Lumia 710 and would really love an upgrade on the WP platform. The 710 is a nice phone, and I've been using it as my "daily driver" for a month now (have had it for a year) but I feel like I can't get experience the true Windows Phone experience on a low-end phone with 7.8. The 720 seems to strike the right balance between design, specs, camera, and most importantly (unlocked) price. I'm really excited to get my hands on one! But I'm totally stumped on what colour to choose. Any suggestions?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one when they arrive in Switzerland. I have an iPhone 4S and a Lumia 710 and would really love an upgrade on the WP platform. The 710 is a nice phone, and I've been using it as my "daily driver" for a month now (have had it for a year) but I feel like I can't get experience the true Windows Phone experience on a low-end phone with 7.8. The 720 seems to strike the right balance between design, specs, camera, and most importantly (unlocked) price. I'm really excited to get my hands on one! But I'm totally stumped on what colour to choose. Any suggestions?

What connotations do you associate with each colour and what connotations do you want your phone to have? That may help

alekalek

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I know I'll be partial to matching my tile color to the phone color. I think the cyan is the most versatile color in that respect, and while it's a beautiful shade of blue, blue usually has a slight 'average' connotation to it. The yellow is really nice, especially with the matte, but at least on my 710, the yellow theme is too bright to clearly read white text on it (perhaps this will be different on a higher quality screen?). The red is a nice shade, not too bright, but I've never been much of a red person. I don't like the glossy white, and the black, while the most versatile, is, black. And after always having a black or white phone, I want some colour in my life!

Midnight City

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 710 and the 720 is the perfect upgrade, nice camera, perfect size, and i think the battery will last longer than the 920 (which i was going to buy but then they announced the 720)

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I am tempted to get this phone. I have been using a iPhone 5 for the past few weeks, and I want to comeback to WP. But I need to see what the price of the 720 is in the US, and if it has the mic sensitivity issue the 820 has. I will be going up LTE too. :asleep:

emyzz

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Which one you think that has better camera, HTC 8X or the 720? I'm confused...maybe the 8X is much better in day photos no?

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I held off on buying a phone until the specs were announced, but decided against it. Seemed a bit too close to the 820, which I found unwieldy. Plumped for the more manageable 620.

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
After waiting for the 920 for 3 months. I was a bit disappointed by how big and bulky the phone was.

My ideal Windows Phone would be 125mm x 65mm x 9mm with a 4.3 inch screen and a 1800+ mAh battery, round corners (like the 620 or 820), a 960x540 or 1280x720 screen, max 140g, a good dual-core, 1gb of ram and a good camera sensor.

I can see a big difference on a 4.3 inch screen between 800x480, and 1280x720. But can really not see a difference between a 4.8 inch 720p and a 5 inch 1080p screen.

I really wished the 720 had at least a 960x540 screen and 768mb of ram. I would have gladly paid 50 euro more for that. Unfortunately WP8 does not support 960x540, but they could have put 768mb ram in it to make it more future proof. I don’t buy a phone for now, I buy a phone that will last me 24 months and 512mb does not seem future proof.

But I really hope Nokia will introduce the 820 follower with the same form factor, but a 720p screen, 2000+ mAh battery and the same camera as the Lumia 920.

So I am stuck deciding. Get the 720 in Q2 or wait a few months to see if there will be a 830.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Could you write some of your toughts about it when you get it and post some pictures. I?ll be waiting for some time problaby before this thing will come in Slovenia. And another question, from wich phone are you moveing to Lumia 720 ?

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
L720 is on sale in Thailand for $334 usd Since yesterday, Only Yellow and White is available
L520 is on sale in Thailand for $195 usd Since yesterday, White,Black,Cyan,Red and Yellow available

I added the link just incase you guys have friends in Thailand who can buy and ship for you.
Do take note the company does not ship oversea and local shipping is free.
L720 - http://store.truecorp.co.th/product/buy/1107/Nokia_Lumia_720
L520 - http://store.truecorp.co.th/product/buy/1108/Nokia_Lumia_520

Enjoy

Last edited:

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Could you write some of your toughts about it when you get it and post some pictures. I?ll be waiting for some time problaby before this thing will come in Slovenia. And another question, from wich phone are you moveing to Lumia 720 ?

sure, i really want to try that low light camera! One of my friends have a 920, we'll make some comparison too ;)
now i have an HTC Mazaa, but as a prototype it has a few bugs and its almost non-usable as a daily phone :p

CHQ16290

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 720 has been available for the past few weeks in Hong Kong where I live.

I was planning to buy the Lumia 920 but ended up with two white Lumia 720's for the same price (after the promotional discounts). Now my wife also gets a new phone.

WP8 performance on the 720 is fast and smooth, just as it should be. A marginal difference in speed compared with the 920, but not enough to worry about. The screen is gorgeous with deep blacks and the camera is way better than I was expecting for the price.

The Lumia 720 seems to be the first of a new generation of handsets with a different (and improved IMHO) form factor vs. other Lumia handsets. I hope Nokia carries this design forward to a top end model. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

CHQ16290

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So I purchased two Lumia 720s in Hong Kong with the expectation that I could take them anywhere in the world and use HERE Drive+ turn by turn navigation. All of the Nokia PR information – yes ALL OF IT – says as much. HERE Drive (no +) is reserved for non-Lumia WP8 devices according to the marketing blurb. Now after examining the phones and scouring various blogs I find out that the 720 does not in fact support Drive+. So my phone is limited to navigation in Hong Kong and Macau where only 10% of people actually own a car and the vast majority travel by taxi or public transport! Please listen Nokia… I did not but my TWO 720′s to navigate in Hong Kong. Why would I? Why would anyone? I bought them to use everywhere else just like all your PR and websites claim I should be able to do.
Now I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed in you Nokia. If you plan to do something like this then surely the right thing to do is to tell people clearly *before* they have a chance to buy the wrong product – or two of them!
Other than the problem with Drive+, the 720 is a stellar product. Still love the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo