all the problems...

ahashan21

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
where is the ruggedised shells ?!!! I bought this to use ruggedised shell and spare battery, none is available in uae :(
the problems I am facing...
1. File manager...
Where is the file manager ? How can I open a PDF file saved on my SD card ?! Pdf reader cant open all files...:(
2. App close button...
There is no app close button, which is very painful. In browser, if I want to close it, I have to go all through backwards to close it, until I go to the first page.
3. Multi tasking ...
Symbian is better than windows phone in terms of multi tasking. Its ok, we can use back button as opening all running tasks , but we really want true multi tasking. What's the use of this processor then ?
4. Notification light...
Where is the blinking light for missed call or SMS alerts ?
Windows icon should blink...
5. Battery...
Battery drains very quickly. You suppose people will use this phone only for browsing and calling ?!!
Then what's the use to buy a phone with this price ?
6. Quick notes...
I always have to open OneNote for this. Should have a notepad like app, for txt support. I've always been using the notes app in Symbian.
7. Poor camera...
Lumia 820 has very poor front camera, main camera is not so good either. I expected it to be better than N8 at least.
8. Accessories...
The accessories are not available, even the spare battery. I wanted the ruggedized case very much, but I don?t know, when will it be available in Dubai :(
I have been using Nokia phone from my second phone. The first one was NEC e313. Probably Nokia Lumia 820 is my 13th in 7 years.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you didn't do much research before buying your phone. Did you even look at the device or WP8 before you bought it?

ahashan21

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
hey man, I do a lot of research before buying it :p
but, in this case, I just bought it when it arrived, as the config, design, windows 8, all the things were exciting, and also seemed to be perfect.
I got many things but those are the things, that I didn't get, what I was used to.
even after arrival, I checked as far as I could, but tell me, is it possible to check everything which I am excited to get and moreover almost decided to buy for the design and such other things ?

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, i do agree about the Camera, pretty average.

And as for the Shells, even the normal ones are somewhat difficult to track down, although not impossible. I've just bought four, but they are rather expensive for what they are. There don't seem to be many out there, and i've only ever seen the ruggerized shells when they were announced.

And yes, a notification light would be very handy. I've only had my 820 a week, but i'm assuming it's not even possible for someone to write an App that would make the Windows light blink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6