Buying SD Card, which brand? which class?

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I want to buy a 16GB SD Card for my Lumia 620.

First, I don't know which brand should I choose.
Second, Some people had problems (slowness, jittery video recording) with Class 4 with their 820 (not sure about 620) and also Class 10 is too expensive here.
Does Class 6 Cards good for Lumia 620? What about Class 4?

What is your SD Card brand and class? Do you have any problems with it?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I put an old Sandisk 8GB class 4 card in my Wife's 620 and it hasn't caused her any problems so far. All I can suggest is to not buy a cheap no-name generic card but go for a quality branded card instead. I've always trusted Sandisk products and they've never let me down yet.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I put an old Sandisk 8GB class 4 card in my Wife's 620 and it hasn't caused her any problems so far. All I can suggest is to not buy a cheap no-name generic card but go for a quality branded card instead. I've always trusted Sandisk products and they've never let me down yet.

Is there any lag in Music and Video Playback?
Do you tried to save camera videos to SD? If so, do videos record smoothly?

Thank you.

wawilkinson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Bought a 32GB SanDisk Class 10 from Amazon for ?18.50 and it works perfectly!
I imagine most will be absolutely fine but wanted to be sure, so went for Sandisk and went for Class 10...
I personally wouldn't buy from eBay unless you really trust the seller, lots of fakes out there! :-(

ramonq619

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 810. I had problems with recording video with a class 4 SanDisk. The video skipped. I bought a 32gb class 10 and the problems went away.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
To be honest class 10 cards are overkill in my opinion and not necessary for a medium powered mobile phone

Class 4 cards have problems with recording HD video.
I'm not sure about class 6 cards, and none of my friends had a class 6 card to test.
So I bought class 10, and it's working fine :)

Siddhartha Roy

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I use Kingston 16GB class 4 card. Don't have much problem. Can play 1080p videos from the card smoothly.

But I have problem with the Cinemagraph feature. The app gets stuck while saving the photo in SD card, but I don't have problem while saving the same in my phone's internal memory.

dandiar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Using a sandisk 8gb class 4.. And I'm experiencing some lag when changing songs and sometimes loading them. Not a lot of lag, around 1 second of loading time but it really bugs me out if i have to experience the lag every single time I'm changing songs.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 32GB Class 10 Sandisk card in mine. Works well. I did have an 8GB Class 6 Sandisk card, but needed some extra space. The class 6 card worked just as well, but I had the 32GB C10 in a now unused mp3 player.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there any difference in sd and sdhc, search results are conflicting and I need to buy a card for my 620

Yes. The hc means high capacity. The original SD standard only allowed storage up to 4GB (I think). The SDHC standard modified the way data was stored and allowed storage up to 32G. There are now also SDXC (eXtended storage) cards that theoretically can support cards with up to 2TB in storage.

In general you can put SD cards into devices that support the SDHC standard. So for the 620 you could use SD or SDHC cards. In practice, SDHC cards are in some cases cheaper than lower capacity SD cards these days, so just use an SDHC card. I believe the 620 also supports SDXC cards as well.

EDIT: And in case it wasn't clear from my post, the phone uses micro SD, micro SDHC and micro SDXC cards, all of which are the same physical size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss