music not playing through speakers

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm having a very weird problem on my 920. Sounds don't seem to be working except for when I receive a call, text or email. Music won't play and the button clicks don't come through the phones speaker either. If I hook it up to earphones or a jack speaker I have it plays fine. I can't get the previews for things such as ringtones to work either. I've done 3 soft resets with no luck. Any other suggestions before I attempt the dreaded hard reset?

bigbinsocal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine did this on both the Lumia 920's I have owned. I did the hard reset and it worked for both. It's a pain, but easier than having to go get it swapped out. Just run a back up before you reset so it will reset all your settings after the reboot. Weird bug I guess..If no luck, its under warranty so no worries!

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The reset did nothing. It's as if it thinks the jack is in use. And weirdly when I plug some speakers in the volume rises to 30 and I can't control it. Really annoyed. This is the second one I've had, first had a slight defect on the screen so went back within two weeks. Had this just over 2 months and there doesn't appear to be any more yellow Lumia's anywhere. If I don't get another yellow I'm going to be pissed. Although I'm guessing this is going to get sent out for repair anyway which leaves me without a phone for god knows how long.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope, mines in for repair. It must be a common fault. While I was explaining the problem to one sales person, another who overheard came over and said someone came in with the exact same problem the day before. Hopefully the next jack will be of a better quality.

And there better not be one mark on that phone either!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea