Windows Store Showing Updates

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Guys, finally, Windows Store is showing the available updates for all your apps by itself. I got mine updated, however, apart from Shazam and a coupe of games, there were 3 system applications that were updated - Attentive Phone, Beats Audio and Regulatory. I checked the first two before updating but I couldn't see what the purpose of Regulatory is because it disappeared after the update... can anyone check it out before updating and let us know?

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just installed updates for Shazam, HTC Connection Settings (don't know what it is called in English) and Battery Level for WP8.

I will check again in the morning. Well, a little bit later when I wake up, as it is 4:00am here :)

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My Windows Phone Store app Live tile has showed updates after hard resets for a short period....then nothing. Awaiting correction of problem from MS, like many others.

The updates indication can be triggered at the WP Store website by checking on an app one has installed. That is the only way to know if an update for an app has occurred it seems with the Windows Phone Store app seemingly broken in this aspect. The 'pushes' from the individual apps by developers never get triggered by the store to go out to their Live tile apps.

Time for MS to fix the coding....as the current update path is a major pain in the butt....and my biggest complaint right now with the WP8 Phone s/w. The ball is in Microsoft's court and they know about the issue but so far have failed to rise to this challenge of their own design.

::tick tock::

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My Windows Phone Store app Live tile has showed updates after hard resets for a short period....then nothing. Awaiting correction of problem from MS, like many others.

The updates indication can be triggered at the WP Store website by checking on an app one has installed. That is the only way to know if an update for an app has occurred it seems with the Windows Phone Store app seemingly broken in this aspect. The 'pushes' from the individual apps by developers never get triggered by the store to go out to their Live tile apps.

Time for MS to fix the coding....as the current update path is a major pain in the butt....and my biggest complaint right now with the WP8 Phone s/w. The ball is in Microsoft's court and they know about the issue but so far have failed to rise to this challenge of their own design.

::tick tock::

I hadn't done any hard resets since the day I bought the phone and until yesterday, my Live Tile had never shown any updates... so I guess they have stepped into the right direction now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion