Photosynth bricked my camera

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
GSOD whenever I back out of the app. Only a restart fixes the camera. I used the home button to exit and avoided the green screen once but eventually got it anyway.

L920

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had the problem since the restart however I just went ahead and uninstalled it. I'm not really a 360 degree photographer and really what I want to do is take simple wide angled rectangular panoramas which Photosynth doesn't allow me to do. So, I have gone back to the Panorama app by Nokia, it's simple and does what I need it to do.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy, not several days go by and already the app is BSOD-ing a Microsoft OS. I can already see the Apple fanboys chuckling.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is windows, the way it handles apps always give the possibility to freeze the entire system. They tried to fix it in W7 but sometimes I still manage to hang the PC. A natural weakness of windows.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
it is different from nokia panorama....
really do not know how these feature pictures in the app were taken......they are true 360 degrees....unbelievable...

Sure it's different, but I never take 360 degree pictures. I just need simple panoramic pictures, for that purpose I think Nokia Panorama is better.

Tom Stouffer

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 with Portico, but if you read the app reviews with the lower ratings, it appears that other phones have the same problem. The problem is that the camera view finder screen shows only solid green, the phone gets very hot around the LED (which is off)(at least on the 920), and the app frame jitters around (shakes). Resetting the phone makes these symptoms go away, put only until the next time I try to use the app. I have only experienced these problems when using the Lens. If I open the app from the app list, it seems OK. When using the Lens, it seems to fail mostly on large panoramas (20 photos or more). With the panoramas I tried to make and opened from the Lens, it locked up around 50% of the time. I have around 10 Lenses, but this is the only one that malfunctions. My last phone was a Focus i917 with wp7.5, and Photosynth would crash around 10% of the time, usually with larger numbers of photos. The stitching is also of a very low quality on the WP7 and 8 version of Photosynth. It grossly misaligns photos even when there is no parallax error. Stitching is excellent on Windows Live Gallery, so they must have code somewhere that works. Because they never got Photosynth stable on wp7.5, and because it took them so long to get it somewhat working on wp8, I doubt if they will fix this before I choose my next phone.

March 20, 2013
V1.6 came out today, but it did not fix the problem. I used it twice, I got the green screen twice.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes