Three iissues with my Limia 920

ZoltanTin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with my new Lumia 920, however I have three questions:

1. I have enabled the function of backup of messages, photos and settings on my phone. It is my understanding that this is synced to my SkyDrive. I have found the saved photos in the Sky Drive, however I could not trace the location of my text (SMS) messages. Where can I find them?

2. I have problems of opening Office documents from Sky Drive on my phone, altough the office package is vailable on the phone. What should I do?

3. I'm not able to sync my contacts with Gmail.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Zolt?n

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with my new Lumia 920, however I have three questions:

1. I have enabled the function of backup of messages, photos and settings on my phone. It is my understanding that this is synced to my SkyDrive. I have found the saved photos in the Sky Drive, however I could not trace the location of my text (SMS) messages. Where can I find them?

2. I have problems of opening Office documents from Sky Drive on my phone, altough the office package is vailable on the phone. What should I do?

3. I'm not able to sync my contacts with Gmail.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Zolt?n

1. Not sure where these are stored where you can see them. If you do a restore on the phone they all come back though... so they are stored in your Microsoft account somewhere. Likely in a hidden Skydrive mount point.

2. Make sure you are using the newer XML formats, i.e. XLSX rather than XLS.

3. This works for me... make sure you are not using IMAP, but are using the Gmail EAS settings using the server m.google.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786