marketplace region

goyuval3

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
So, my wife came back from a business trip to china with a new lumia 920 that she bought in the official NOKIA store in shanghai.
i have created a windows live account and it's region is in Israel. (i had that checked with Microsoft support).
however the market place is referenced to the Chinese store only,
no matter what i tried i couldn't get it to switch to Israel or other region (including like a million hard resets).
i think its something to do with the the Chinese firmware.
is there a solution for this, or i am stuck with a shiny yellow expensive paper weight?

thanks in advanced
Yuval.

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
i didn't try to flash it. but i think has to do with the serial number. i got myself a 920T and without sim card, ignoring my live.com account settings, got straight to chinese market. never been able to change it.

anon(7921350)

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi have you found a solution to your problem? There is a method called Microsoft account migration which I have tried. It took effect only after 1 month 1 week and 4 days. It is a long-term method. You can search migrating a Microsoft account and click on the link with support.xbox.com and follow the steps. Do take note that you are to choose the country carefully as this can only be carried out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234