My phone was DEATH!!

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
This problem is so annoying me, my phone become a BRICK, everytime must soft reset ( press your power button and volume down button together for 10 second) it.
This problem like happend once a week, does anyone also have this kind of problem?
How can I fix it? I just buy this Nokia Lumia 920 for two month only, I love this phone very much but this problem was make me very in trouble, my family and friend can't call me because my phone DEATH/BRICK by no any warning or notice.

Somebody can teach me fix this problem? Or else i should take to the factory or Nokia Centre to fix it?
I hope my thread about this problem can get a good solution and help other people that also have this kind of problem too.:wink:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be happening so if you can reproduce the problem and document it, just send it back to Nokia.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on my 920, sometimes twice a day. In Germany and Switzerland we are many with this problem. According to users on the PocketPC forum, Nokia is aware of the problem which is software related and is working on a fix. But no details on when that fix will be released.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess it must be related to an app that you guys used a lot in the region. For example flixster is known for freezing 920 if you ply trailer using public WiFi.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess it must be related to an app that you guys used a lot in the region. For example flixster is known for freezing 920 if you ply trailer using public WiFi.

Very well possible. I uninstalled Battery Level for WP8, bunch of other aps to see if it will help. But it also seems related to Bluetooth with many reporting that crashes always occur after using Bluetooth.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem after deinstalling Battery Level, and installing Battery app. Then I deinstalled it, and installed Battery Info. Also, it is possible that the Keep WiFi ON is doing things like this. I switched that OFF too. But this is still under investigation by me. Will keep u guys posted when I have enuff evidence.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
That sucks...never had this problem at all....only app that caused problems was an update WhatsApp did but they corrected that in a day...my 920 usually doesn't get turned off ever...

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Many of you say that is apps problem that cause Lumia 920 freeze, but you know that a smartphone without apps is a rubbish?
I hope Nokia can fix this kind of problem, cause this is a quite unforgiveable mistake and bug for a smartphone.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Or maybe you should ask app developer to revise their coding discipline?

anyways, try to back up and flash a fresh copy of wp8 to rule out the possibility that you might just having a corrupted OS installed.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I still believe that it is OS related ... and I am sure that Microsoft and Nokia work to catch and patch it ...

Well, it is related to Wi-Fi (WLAN) as disabling it and using only cellular data for internet connection, seems to work as a fix very often ...

Muneeb Mohammed

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It is OS related. Few guys, including me, have observed this problem with factory installed firmware. What it means is we have installed just the firware and did not install or download any other app. We still got this problem atleast twice a day.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I removed battery level for WP8 and reinstalled the Facebook app and set it to no notifications, I have had no more freezes. I suspect a bug in the tile notification system. I also removed all aps that would access contacts and my calendar (that was two apps that slipped through, as I normally don't install such apps.).

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
But guys, if a smartphone can't install apps or can only few type of apps, is that still call a smartphone?
Do you guys know when Microsoft or Nokia will have a new update to solve this OS problem?

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
It is NOT OS related. I actually think it's a manufacturing defect, as we all know the battery can become loose inside, and it could even be with the ones that turn off that there might be a problem with the battery connection. To me, it sounds like the battery is getting pulled.

Anyway, I had this problem with my first device, had it occur 3 times/week, and went and got it exchanged and have not had any problem like it again.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem, and had to send it to the Nokia Repair Center twice to get it fixed. I noticed it would freeze every time I left a WiFi zone and got into the car. This led me to believe that it was related to either wifi or GPS. The notes on the second repair note "fixed electrical connection" but no further detail. It hasn't happened since.

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem about once every two weeks. Soft Reset fixed the issue, not happy about it but its not the end of the world since I love this phone and WP8 os. Hopefully a firmware update fixed the issue though, Nokia is aware of this.

chengsoot

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
It is NOT OS related. I actually think it's a manufacturing defect, as we all know the battery can become loose inside, and it could even be with the ones that turn off that there might be a problem with the battery connection. To me, it sounds like the battery is getting pulled.

Anyway, I had this problem with my first device, had it occur 3 times/week, and went and got it exchanged and have not had any problem like it again.

So, when u got exchanged the Lumia 920 since you take your phone?
I have my phone when last year December 20, and now I don't know still can exchange back a whole new phone or not , because I take my phone about almost 3 month already and I have no time to take my phone to repair or exchange it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss