Qi Charging.

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently e-mailed HTC UK and also placed a message on the HTC UK Facebook page requesting to be informed if the UK version of the 8X is Qi charging ready. I have not received any reply from either. Does this indicate that the UK 8X is NOT Qi ready.

sraffe8283

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently e-mailed HTC UK and also placed a message on the HTC UK Facebook page requesting to be informed if the UK version of the 8X is Qi charging ready. I have not received any reply from either. Does this indicate that the UK 8X is NOT Qi ready.

sraffe8283

I can confirm for you that it is not. I have an 8x from 3 and have tried it on a qi charger and it does nothing.

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replies. Very disappointed that Qi is not available on UK 8x model. I just don't understand why there is a variant for Verizon in the USA. Have now changed over to the Nokia 920 where irrespective of country it uses Qi charging.

Steve

jm1219

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope that qi car dock that ProClip is coming out for the 920 will support the 8x and I can figure out how to get it to fit for the 8x, I really want something like that.

The only thing I could think of should this not happen is a little complicated. You get some type of windshield mount that you could tape or glue a qi charging pad onto, maybe using something like this. Then, getting a case for the 8x that easily clips on and off, such as this case, minus the holster part, and taping or glueing that to the charging pad. Ideally I would want to use some thing like the DT900 charger from Nokia, it'd be a cleaner look because it seems to be the only charging pad that's smaller than the phone itself, but it uses a proprietary charger that'd be a pain in the ass to figure out how to plug into a cigarette lighter. It'd be much easier to use a pad that uses a micro-usb to usb cord that you could just plug into a usb cigarette lighter.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss