Lumia 920 (black) and CC-1043 (yellow), problem!!!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
just bought this case pretty scared to use it now :-/ mine are made in china surely if the case and phone are kept clean ie regualur removal and cleaning there shouldnt be any probs? i have been using a soft pouch till now but thiese cases were getting rave reviews till this popped up

question to the op did you ever clean the case or phone in the time you had it on? i usaully remove case when its looking dusty on other phones and never had this at all??

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
just bought this case pretty scared to use it now :-/ mine are made in china surely if the case and phone are kept clean ie regualur removal and cleaning there shouldnt be any probs? i have been using a soft pouch till now but thiese cases were getting rave reviews till this popped up

question to the op did you ever clean the case or phone in the time you had it on? i usaully remove case when its looking dusty on other phones and never had this at all??

Well, mine was on for 2 weeks. Actually, I am not using mu Lumia 920 as my primary phone. I have Galaxy Note 2 right now and I was only exploring WP8 to see if it fits my needs. I always loved Nokia hardware but I was (and still am) not to sure if WP8 is something I'd like. Anyway, so I just had the phone for 3 weeks and the case was on for 2 weeks. I did not take the phone to a place where I'd be worried about dust getting in, nor it spent much time in my pocket, as it's not my primary phone. So, when I removed the cover after 2 weeks, the intention was to clean the phone, and then I found these horrible marks on the back. I found something that'd prevent this from happening. I mentioned it in my earlier post. I just received that thing now and I'm going to put it on my phone and post back with some pictures. it really looks promising.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I've got a $1 cheap ebay snap on case on my black 920 and I constantly remove it and wipe down the insides and back of my phone because i discovered a small dot "stain" on my phone. Been using it for about a month now and no more stains for now!

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
OK guys, I received the sticker I mentioned about in my earlier email. First, let me tell you how much I loved Zagg invisible-shield on ALL of my gadgets. But the thing about Zagg is it's thick and when it comes to putting on a cover above Zagg, it's usually very hard. if you are able to put a case on top of Zagg, it'd either ruin Zagg or the cover, or both. Anyway, this time, I wanted something thin and just a basic covering from my phone, not too expensive. As you all know already about what had happened to my phone.

After searching eBay for a while, I found this cool looking sticker for Lumia 920. The sticker is made in Germany (as the seller claims and I have no reason to doubt that) and the shipper is willing to ship anywhere within Europe. I received the sticker today and opened it. It was a nicely packed and contains 3 pieces, a big sticker for whole of the back, top and bottom. Inside packaging, the sticker sits between a stiff card (to keep wrinkles off of the sticker during shipment). The card also has detailed instructions on how to put the sticker on to your L920, but unfortunately, it's all in German. Well, not a huge problem for me since I have put on so many Zagg's on my gadgets, I sort of master this art. I did not bother to read much about how to put it on and went ahead and pealed the sticker (of course cleaned my L920 before getting to this point).

Well, I am VERY pleased with how my device looks now. The sticker turns out to be better than I expected, especially for the price I've paid. There were some bubbles, which were very easily removed. The matte finish of the sticker matches EXACTLY with the phone's original matte finish, which makes it almost impossible to notice the sticker, unless you point it out to someone yourself. I am not sure how other colors match with other Nokia L920 bodies but this one is really superb. I am only regretting not having it on my phone before I put on this silly case that ruined my L920. I'd highly suggest this sticker to anyone who is concerned about keeping their L920 clean. I don't know how long the material will last, but I am not concerned since I'd put my nokia case back on and all I expect from this sticker is to keep this cover from scratching the body of my L920.

Here are some pictures. I did not put the top part on since it also covers your sim tray (no cut out there!) and I still have to put a sim in my L920 (hopefully one day :)).

If anyone needs more details, please let me know.

Checkout the pics:

20130308_145449.jpg
20130308_145838.jpg
20130308_145854.jpg
20130308_145514.jpg
20130308_145525.jpg
20130308_145421.jpg

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an original red case buy in Amazon, with a white Lumia 920, someone has the same problem with this case??? I use the case twice, greatings!!!!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
i am sending mine back lol i cant be doing with a case damaging my phone , i will just use a moffi pouch , for carrying it about , the mofi pouches have super soft lining and a pocket on the front that will hold a micro fibre cloth for cleaning the phone , i have a decent 920 with no rattles or creaks or faults and i aint having it ruined by the offical nokia case , no way!!

that way i also get to feel the phone as intended when i use it , i like the official cases but maybe they arent a great idea with polycarbonate phones if dust can mark them that easy , i emailed the seller and he will take it back no problems :)

i use the mofi for the sgs3 it fits lovely and can be bought for about ?5 :)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi fellows,

Got my Nokia 920 in matte black few weeks ago, along with original Nokia cc-1043 gel case in yellow. The case was on the phone for 2 weeks and I just took it off to see the back of the phone and really disappointed to notice marks caused by the case. I tried to rub them off but they don't seem to be going anywhere. I took some pictures and attached to this post for reference. Any idea where do I go from here? If you are using this case, would you mind taking it off and looking at the back of the phone for similar marks? In my case, It seems like the black matte coating has been damaged. I wonder if the other glossy 920's would have the same problem when used with this case.

Would appreciate some feedback and suggestions.

Thanks!

Now I know what the yellow case looks like. I ordered one for my yellow 920 like a month and a half ago on expansis and it hasn't shipped yet...

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have a red 920 with a cyan case. I will continue to monitor both of them to make sure I don't get this problem.

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
That looks petty good. Would you please include a link? I would like to take a look and see if they ship to the US or find something similar here.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Case-Aufkleber-GELB-MELONENGELB-Nokiagelb-Nokia-Lumia-920-Skin-Cover-NEU-/170940285947?pt=DE_Handy_PDA_Oberschalen_Designfolien&hash=item27ccd5c3fb

I hope the link works. Let me know If it doesn't.

zero_kbom

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For those who have the stain, you can reduce it by using eraser. But it wont disappear completely. I experienced this beforehand with my matte black Nokia N9.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know this issue has been going on since the black Nokia N9 - I have two black N9's where discoloration and chipping started to show up first on and around the USB cover and then later on around the aluminum at the back of the phone, although only one of my N9's started to manifest the chipping/discoloration.

It has something to do with the clear coating on the matte colors (they do in-fact have clear coatings), and the black variants is more affected. The issue is widely discussed at the meego.org forum.

This is one reason why I got a non-matte L920, different color instead. I decided never to get any black Lumia's, ever again.

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Never had any issue on my matte black iPad mini with the cheap tpu case I bought over eBay, even when there is dust between the case and the iPad. I would say, its bad matte coating, as the user above has mentioned.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this question asked a few times but haven't seen an answer yet. Does this only affect the matte Lumias or has anyone experienced this with the glossy 920s too? I can definitely understand the concern about the rub marks on the phones but my view is that I'd do far worse to the phone if I didn't have a case on it at all. My Titan can attest to that. I think I'd take a few rub marks over dents and deep surface scratches any day, especially on that beautiful Carl Zeiss badge on the back!!

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used the BodyGuardz products below for the Lumia 920?
- BodyGuardz UltraTough Clear Full Body
- BodyGuardz Armor Carbon Fiber

Are they rubbery-based type like Zagg's Invisible Shield? Do they cause some error with the proximity sensor?

Thanks in advance for the input :D

I haven't used the BodyGuardz for the Lumia but I've used them for previous phones. Yes the UltraTough is like the Zagg with a rubbery feel to them. They are very good and very tough. I don't think they will cause any problems with the proximity sensor because they I don't think it cover's that up. The Armor Carbon is more like a vinyl sticker than the rubbery feel. I've been thinking of getting the White Carbon for my White 920. I think it'd look good. And then I can keep the cc-1043 and not worry about the surface rub.

Last edited:

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So there's still no solution to completely fix/cover the stains that this case causes?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem with my yellow lumia 920 and red cc-1043, especially around corners, the corners are especially bad, and some places on the rest of the backside looks denting with small sand grains, that's what it looks like..I always make sure I get rid of the dust, and still I have the this problem. Is it worth contacting Nokia Care? I mean both the phone and cover are their products after all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit