Lumia 920 (black) and CC-1043 (yellow), problem!!!

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellows,

Got my Nokia 920 in matte black few weeks ago, along with original Nokia cc-1043 gel case in yellow. The case was on the phone for 2 weeks and I just took it off to see the back of the phone and really disappointed to notice marks caused by the case. I tried to rub them off but they don't seem to be going anywhere. I took some pictures and attached to this post for reference. Any idea where do I go from here? If you are using this case, would you mind taking it off and looking at the back of the phone for similar marks? In my case, It seems like the black matte coating has been damaged. I wonder if the other glossy 920's would have the same problem when used with this case.

Would appreciate some feedback and suggestions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20130303_160631.jpg
    20130303_160631.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 20130303_160456.jpg
    20130303_160456.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 20130303_160507.jpg
    20130303_160507.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,250
  • 20130303_160716.jpg
    20130303_160716.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 1,236
  • 20130303_160734.jpg
    20130303_160734.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I will be of much help since my color combination does not match yours.

I have a cyan L920 with a red 1043 case. My phone is matte like yours. I've had the case on it for 2 days, so length of time is not comparable either, but I took it out to check and the phone looks normal.

I'm sorry this happened. Maybe you should contact Nokia since it is an official case.

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I will be of much help since my color combination does not match yours.

I have a cyan L920 with a red 1043 case. My phone is matte like yours. I've had the case on it for 2 days, so length of time is not comparable either, but I took it out to check and the phone looks normal.

I'm sorry this happened. Maybe you should contact Nokia since it is an official case.

Thanks for the reply. I have tweeted Nokia for this issue. Lets see if I manage to get their attention. Otherwise I wont hesitate to visit nokia care and share my feelings with them.

I'd really advice you to use your case with a lot of caution. I didn't know cyan is also matte. I know white, yellow and red are all with gloss finish.

I'll update the post once I hear from nokia. Meanwhile, I'll wait for other users' feedback on their experiences with this case.

Its so disheartening to see my lovely Lumia 920 in this condition. I take such a good care of my gadgets. I hope Nokia would be able to help me here, and also sort out this issue soon.

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened on my black Lumia 800 with the official case. Sorry to say that this will be permanent.
Thought Nokia would have addressed the issue with the 920...

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have tweeted Nokia for this issue. Lets see if I manage to get their attention. Otherwise I wont hesitate to visit nokia care and share my feelings with them.

I'd really advice you to use your case with a lot of caution. I didn't know cyan is also matte. I know white, yellow and red are all with gloss finish.

I'll update the post once I hear from nokia. Meanwhile, I'll wait for other users' feedback on their experiences with this case.

Its so disheartening to see my lovely Lumia 920 in this condition. I take such a good care of my gadgets. I hope Nokia would be able to help me here, and also sort out this issue soon.

Yes, please let us know. :)

Same thing happened on my black Lumia 800 with the official case. Sorry to say that this will be permanent.
Thought Nokia would have addressed the issue with the 920...

Ouch. :( Now I am wondering if I should not use the case.

Last edited:

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It is really frustrating to discover these "unremovable stains" so I would recommend not using this specific case, which is unfortunate given it is, well, official.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody having this issue with black on black? I just got the case yesterday and I am loving it but now I am worried!

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine was black on black. IMO, the color of the case doesn't matter.
It would be interesting to see how glossy Lumias react to the cases however.

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
2 weeks is ok. Mine was on for almost two months non stop before i removed it and saw the marks. I was travelling by the way so maybe dust and humidity got in the way.
One solution could be to get the phone out and wash the case every once in a while.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Thing is, it is pretty hard to prevent damage against friction. Just a tiny amount of dust getting into the case can really damage the device. I had the same issue with my Focus and this is why I'm trying not to get a case for my Lumia. I might just end up getting one anyways but lets see.

In any case, I would recommend cleaning the back of the phone and the case itself to make sure no dust gets in there (do this every two weeks).

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep seems to be the same case with me as well. I have the blue, grey and red cases and have been using them for the past couple of weeks. Back seems to have faded in a small place at the bottom. Guess I won't be using the cases much after all :(

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep seems to be the same case with me as well. I have the blue, grey and red cases and have been using them for the past couple of weeks. Back seems to have faded in a small place at the bottom. Guess I won't be using the cases much after all :(

What color is your phone?

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This happens with every cover,phone......it should not be a surprise to anyone. Dust, and even small particles get inside and when you put the phone in your pocket or desk the particles and dust tub on the back so it will scratch it. If you don't want this happening get a case that covers the entire phone so nothing gets inside.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

thaguy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
mine is worst than op.

2TuGusy.jpg

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a black 920 with the black 1043 case on mine for little over a month now. Prior to that I had the Apex hybrid mesh case and prior to that I had the Xtremeguard full body skin. Never bothered to take the skin off when my 1043 case arrived.

Just last week I showed a buddy of mine the case and took it off to show him and noticed tiny indentations on the back of the phone on the skin. This leads me to believe that small grains of dirt or sand got in between the skin and the cover. I can only imagine what my back would look like without the xtremeguard. Now I make it a habit to take the case off and wipe down the back of the phone and wash the case every week. If for any reason you get a replacement device I would recommend a skin before putting the case back on.

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a black 920 with the black 1043 case on mine for little over a month now. Prior to that I had the Apex hybrid mesh case and prior to that I had the Xtremeguard full body skin. Never bothered to take the skin off when my 1043 case arrived.

Just last week I showed a buddy of mine the case and took it off to show him and noticed tiny indentations on the back of the phone on the skin. This leads me to believe that small grains of dirt or sand got in between the skin and the cover. I can only imagine what my back would look like without the xtremeguard. Now I make it a habit to take the case off and wipe down the back of the phone and wash the case every week. If for any reason you get a replacement device I would recommend a skin before putting the case back on.

I usually put zagg or some other protective shield to protect my device and hardly use cases. However, I went with a case this time since the case was soft gel and it was original nokia.

For all those who have not seen this issue, I'm happy for you, but its just a matter of time before your device gets ruined. Please put some sort of shield on or keep your device and the case super clean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss