HTC 8X Screen Problem - Touchscreen, Touch Sensitivity

PCUser271

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hye,

I already owned this phone for about 2 months now. My touchscreen become clumsy and it activate the point on the screen where I don't touch them. I don't know how to explain, but when I'm typing, then its like touching by themselves. Touching the keypad randomly and I need to backspace just to erase the false input. it very annoying. Then, at home, the live tiles keep opening randomly like there is something touch it on the screen, even I don't touch it. I thought maybe the screen was dirty, but after I clean the screen, it keeps opening . It's like a sensitivity issue to me or touch input problem. Do you guys have any idea about this problem? sorry I don't know how to explain because the problem is weird.

Thank you.

Snikka

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't help you in any way, but I can relate to having a similar problem with my 8X.

On my 8X the screen will somtimes not register my touch in the bottom 5-10mm of the screen, making it impossible to choose menu options, numbers, letters that are located in the bottom of the screen.
The problem come and goes, but can be really frustrating, and I'm considering sending it back to the vendor for they to fix it or replace it.

Any others out there having this problem? What have you done about it?

Nicole Dunham

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I almost texted my mother today "got ho :grin: " because the phone had a mind of its own again. Whenever it starts acting up I just set it down and hope it doesn't send anything or call anyone. I wish I knew what the problem is, but your post is the first I've found regarding this issue.

Pakhtun

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar but separate issue with sensitivity. While Skyping or working on something in landscape mode my phone on the slightest movement jumps screens to the Bing page. I have to use the back arrow on the bottom to go back. Any way to resolve this issue?

PCUser271

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hye guys. Thank you for sharing. I have sent my phone to htc to repair. The problem seems to have resolved. I dont know what they have changed but so far so good.
Thank you again

PCUser271

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
damn! the problem return!!

im so frustrated with my device...sometimes wanted to trade with lumia phone...tired of going back to htc centre...

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
i had the random touching on my lumia 900, exactly like you described as if it had a mind of its own. i used to just send it to sleep and the problem would go away.
however, on my 8x the touchscreen is far far worse. it's inaccurate to the point where it's unusable, i dont know what to do really

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786