Lumia 920 not accepting a charge

nextenso

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought my 920 3 weeks ago and it has been charged regularly whenever the battery is at emergency low, charging until fully charged. Battery life for average use has been over 1 day. I hope this note may help others.

Last night, having charged to full late that night, it had dropped to warning low by the morning without any use, and before I got round to putting it on charge within an hour, it totally exhausted the battery and shut down. On plugging in the wall socket charger, the phone tried to auto re-start which failed, and then displayed a black screen with a large battery icon in the middle with a red end and a charge plug across the battery icon.

For 6 hours of charging, when I also tried using USB connection from my PC, this is all that happened. If I withdrew the power cord it went dead. When I re-inserted the cord it would try to auto re-start, fail and revert to the black screen and large battery icon and plug. If I pressed the power on key, it would simply display the larged battery icon and plug for 30 secs and go dead.

I tried many different ideas from many forums, doing a volume + button reset, holding in the power-on button, etc.. Nothing worked, the phone was dead totally.

I then tried to cause a power surge to kick the battery into taking a charge. I did this by rapidly pulling out and re-inserting the power cord 5 times. On doing this a second time, the phone beeped 10 mins later and had re-booted and was taking a charge. After 2 hours the battery was fully charged. I have yet to see how long it lasts.

I hope maybe someone can advise about this in case it happens again, and that it may help others with a similar problem.

Rgds Jonathan

hoosiers7120

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
That is really odd because I had a similar issue and I just let it sit there on my charging mat where it wouldn't charge but after I plugged in the wire and put it on the mat it started to charge. Still don't know why it behaved in that fashion

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
:) do you by any chance live in a cold area ?
Another thing do use original Charger/connector?
Last thing when you charge your phone via your wall charger does your touch input act out?.

Ice055

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Rechargeable batteries rely on flow of electrons in order for them to charge. I think it is really not a good idea to totally deplete a rechargeable battery. No flowing electron means no flowing electricity.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre