A new firmware for lumia 920 in navifirm?

Jakeway

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures.

Colours are richer but it still has that strange dotty effect that mkaes it look like a painting by [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Georges Seurat. Hope thats gets fixed at some point. [/FONT]

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think that it is true only for this last one, Swedish fw is GDR2 one, but nobody confirmed OS version yet ....

I agree that some updates (like recent HTX updates) are firmware only, but this is GDR2 - which is a Microsoft OS update.

Nokia will definitely push a firmware update too with testing focused on GDR2 running.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures.

Colours are richer but it still has that strange dotty effect that mkaes it look like a painting by Georges Seurat. Hope thats gets fixed at some point.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that about Nokia's compression algorithm. While there is now more detail, zoomed photos do still look 'painted'.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that about Nokia's compression algorithm. While there is now more detail, zoomed photos do still look 'painted'.

I would like to see a full size 5+mpixel image from a small smartphone sensor that doesn't show that in full resolution.

I think people are really beginning to get too picky over a cell phone camera.

This is not a full frame SLR folks.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Still hoping that photo viewer can show hi-res pictures, not zooming into low-res and interpolating between pixels. No well, hope it will be solution for that some time.

Jakeway

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a full size 5+mpixel image from a small smartphone sensor that doesn't show that in full resolution.

I think people are really beginning to get too picky over a cell phone camera.

This is not a full frame SLR folks.

My old Lumia 800 never had that dotty effect. It had grain sure but not round dots.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting stuff, i come from a thoroughly obsessed ios jail breaking back ground and love the flashing of firmware, the "other" issue has been a huge gripe for me in the 4 weeks that i have owned this phone, i am on ee in the uk and sorry for the newb questions but i must ask, does re flashing delete apps and data etc? is there any risk? finally, is it worth me doing it through navifirm or waiting until ee/ nokia release the update for me in the uk?

Cheers you knowledgeable lot!! :)

(1st post :confused:)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So, it has an update for Bluetooth? Because my phone is having some serious issues with hands free calling in my car!

Haven't heard anything of short. Neither will updating the bluetooth version automatically improve anything. It should be about MS adding new supported bluetooth stacks that it might do or might not on the next udpate.

That is if your car does need bluetooth 4.0 for some reason, that for sure it doesn't.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte