Battery gone good... A different battery thread

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I was getting used to a 19 hour battery life(time since charge +remaining). I never considered it good or anything, but at least it was stable, no sudden weird drops.

Basicly I was using the same apps/live tiles as I did on my 800 only Weather view and NextGen reader allowed to run background tasks. Nextgen was updated to native WP8 and it is better than ever. Weather view is good as ever with its beautiful live tile.

Yesterday I did some rearranging of live tiles and took on another weather app(no live tile), deleting weather view.

Today battery life has almost doubled to a little more than 30 hours (time since charge+remaining)

I didn't see that coming as extensive testing on the 800 proved weather view to be one of the least power consuming weatherapps.

So I'm pretty stunned but have started to wonder if it comes down to the fact that weather view is not WP8 native and we somehow inherit some of the live tile issues that 7.8 suffers with.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Estimated Time remaining does not say much.

If I don't use my phone It will say 2 - 3 days remaining. Pick it up and start derping around it will go to 11hours or so. Put it back down It does back to some days.

The battery level in WP8 is pretty buggy and totally inaccurate.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I'll rephrase. Every day the last three weeks time I've had between 40 and 50 % left after work. Today I had over 70%

I know I can't read much Into these remaining and percentages, but when something that has been stable for weeks suddenly changes. Then something must have been off..

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had excellent experience with battery life. The pattern has been similar with the two phones I have. It starts off poorly for the first few weeks, but ends up consistently good. Even with fairly extensive use I see decent life. A few texts, emails and maybe 30 minutes of gaming and I'll still be above 90% by the end of the day.

I don't really understand the complaints with the battery estimate. It makes complete sense, being based on recent usage. If it's sitting around doing nothing it will predictably estimate days on the current charge. Play something like Asphalt 7 for a while and that prediction will drop to a couple of hours. The phone can't guess how you're going to use it.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The WP forum in my country's currently down. But I guarantee that I saw one topic about his/her battery's ridiculously good. He even show the picture of his phone which's showing the time since last charge up to 8 days... I'll hook the picture here after I can get to forum again. And yes, many in that forum don't believe him (me too), but the picture's weird. He said that he'll take picture of his phone day by day from now to prove it.

My only doubt is: can a fully charged 920 survive up to 8 days even in idle mode?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The WP forum in my country's currently down. But I guarantee that I saw one topic about his/her battery's ridiculously good. He even show the picture of his phone which's showing the time since last charge up to 8 days... I'll hook the picture here after I can get to forum again. And yes, many in that forum don't believe him (me too), but the picture's weird. He said that he'll take picture of his phone day by day from now to prove it.

My only doubt is: can a fully charged 920 survive up to 8 days even in idle mode?

I believe it can if it's on standby mode. When I was using the other provider, if I leave the phone idle in the night. It will consistently showed 19 days + remaining. On my current provider, it can only reach 1 days 6 hours remaining.

Amit Arora1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had excellent experience with battery life. The pattern has been similar with the two phones I have. It starts off poorly for the first few weeks, but ends up consistently good. Even with fairly extensive use I see decent life. A few texts, emails and maybe 30 minutes of gaming and I'll still be above 90% by the end of the day.

I don't really understand the complaints with the battery estimate. It makes complete sense, being based on recent usage. If it's sitting around doing nothing it will predictably estimate days on the current charge. Play something like Asphalt 7 for a while and that prediction will drop to a couple of hours. The phone can't guess how you're going to use it.
you serious about the remaining is 90% after a work day????? I would take that even i don't use my phone for 10 hours and drop is only 10%.
On my 920 it drops more 5-7% even if it idle......
To give some hope , can you please tell how good or bad was your phones battery in initial days?

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I believe it can if it's on standby mode. When I was using the other provider, if I leave the phone idle in the night. It will consistently showed 19 days + remaining. On my current provider, it can only reach 1 days 6 hours remaining.

May be, I'll give it a try someday.
And here's his image
dc39d90687537cf21c018f31ea86726c_53668258.img1288.jpg

In this picture, "8 ng?y 22 giờ" means "8 days 22 hours"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes