battery trouble no longer

orthocenter

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
so after the update I have been getting amazing battery life...I had a concern a few days ago, but I think it was with my battery app, and not the battery.
I have only lost 11% all day/evening. This is after a phone call, data always on, texting, etc...seems to good to be true!

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine has also improved significantly. For some extra juice I found that disabling the Xbox Music and "Sync game requests" options work wonders.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
All of you that you posted that you have amazing battery life now, do you disable a lot of services like location and how many background tasks you have running?

If you mind posting ;)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
My battery is excellent, plenty for a whole day. And I don't disable any services (bt, wifi, location, data) and I have a number of live tiles and leave xbox music with default settings.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery is excellent, plenty for a whole day. And I don't disable any services (bt, wifi, location, data) and I have a number of live tiles and leave xbox music with default settings.
I have to charge it after maybe 8hours, I have 15 background tasks running, many live tiles, listen to streaming music for a total 3 hours in the day, check Twitter, Facebook... And I have everything enabled except things,I don't use like Bluetooth, Xbox, music could collection......is that normal?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have to charge it after maybe 8hours, I have 15 background tasks running, many live tiles, listen to streaming music for a total 3 hours in the day, check Twitter, Facebook... And I have everything enabled except things,I don't use like Bluetooth, Xbox, music could collection......is that normal?

That's hard to say because there are so many factors. Streaming music over cellular network would use up some battery. It should be better over wifi. What about emails? Push email is more battery efficient than checking every x minutes. How about your screen? I keep mine set on automatic. Some people said that the HTC app uses a fair amount of battery. I didn't really need the app so I uninstalled it. Also, the cellular signal strength makes a difference. Some say tap to share takes up some battery, but I never really saw that. As a last resort, you can enable battery saver and that will really extend the battery.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
That's hard to say because there are so many factors. Streaming music over cellular network would use up some battery. It should be better over wifi. What about emails? Push email is more battery efficient than checking every x minutes. How about your screen? I keep mine set on automatic. Some people said that the HTC app uses a fair amount of battery. I didn't really need the app so I uninstalled it. Also, the cellular signal strength makes a difference. Some say tap to share takes up some battery, but I never really saw that. As a last resort, you can enable battery saver and that will really extend the battery.

Hi! I have push emails setup, my screen is set up to automatic as well, I've uninstalled all HTC app since I don't use it, NFC off since I don't use it. Yeah I thought of putting battery saver mode on to see but then it would disable everything and I don't want to do that since it will basically not be a smartphone anymore ;)

Thanks for writing back to me....really appreciated!!!!!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Battery saver will only kick in when it gets to a certain percentage. I think it is 25%. Look in the Advanced options at the bottom of the battery saver page. Other than that, not sure what to say. And you are correct about disabling things, because a smartphone should have those feature running. If you phone is fairly new, you will probably get better battery after some charge cycles. Maybe stop some of the less important background tasks.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Battery saver will only kick in when it gets to a certain percentage. I think it is 25%. Look in the Advanced options at the bottom of the battery saver page. Other than that, not sure what to say. And you are correct about disabling things, because a smartphone should have those feature running. If you phone is fairly new, you will probably get better battery after some charge cycles. Maybe stop some of the less important background tasks.

Thanks for all the replies! Yeah I guess I could do that enabling Battery Saver Mode on when the battery is in a critical level. I had my phone since launch day back in November but 2 weeks ago, I sent it for repair since I had multiple issues with it (reboots up to a point that the phone was doing the reboot loop, crackling sound when listening to music...etc) Now all of those got fixed!

Now this morning I did listen to streaming on my way to work but didn't listen to music while at work and so far the battery is better! What I will do tonight is transferring music locally and listen to that music in the morning and during the day to see if the battery drains as fast as streaming music.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Battery saver kicks in when 20% or less is remaining. Also, 8 hours with the usage described is superb battery life! 15 apps polling every 30 minutes and 3 hours of streaming alone should take away 50-60% easy!

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
hey! i love my 920 from at&t and i installed portico back in december but today i noticed that after only 5 hours of use it was already at 30%!!!! i used to get about 10 hours befor it would get to 50% I'm not sure if its because of the "sophie lens" which i installed yesterday but anyone else having this problem???

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine has also improved significantly. For some extra juice I found that disabling the Xbox Music and "Sync game requests" options work wonders.

Does disabling the game stuff stop achievements being updated from phone games? Ive also disabled the music stuff as i never use it.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Battery saver kicks in when 20% or less is remaining. Also, 8 hours with the usage described is superb battery life! 15 apps polling every 30 minutes and 3 hours of streaming alone should take away 50-60% easy!

Thanks for the info!!! I think then I'm obsess with my phone then lol!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720