Earbuds for the 8X?

Stu Malin

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the 8x and the Tour earphones, everything works skip track, tale\make calls, TellMe etc, except volume control.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I should be getting the LG Tone+ headphones tomorrow. I will let you know how they sound/operate with the 8X. I have heard enough good about the original LG Tone earbuds that I figured these are worth a shot. I know it's not what you asked about but, hopefully the input is welcome.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want or need inline controls or microphone, get the JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X. Their sound is awesome and you can't beat the price.

I couldn't believe how good they sounded when I plugged them into my 8X. The bass is excellent and it doesn't hinder the high or mid tones. Totally recommended.

Amazon.com: JVC HAFX1X Headphone Xtreme-Xplosivs: Electronics They are currently being sold at $17.40

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
If you go with Beats, make sure it has a straight in plug (ie, urbeats). My kid's beats in ears have an angled plug and will not work. I THINK his was the tour, but am not certain. Only some of the controls work...which is just stupid.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the beats over ear headphones, and only some of the controls work. It's asinine that HTC bought a stake in that company but didn't develop a phone that takes advantange of all the headphones have to offer.

I have an iPhone for work, and the beats are geared toward Apple, so all the controls work. But why brand the 8x with beats if they didn't even make an attempt to make it work?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found any earphones whose volume control works, but the pause and skip track controls work fine with all of the ones I have tried. I use Beats Solo HD with mine and they sound incredible with Beats audio turned on!

tavisdunn

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nokia purity earbuds on my HTC 8x. I can report that the music controls all seem to work, including pause/play, skip track, back track, and volume control. This is in both Xbox Music and Rdio.

Though i have had some issues with using the built-in mic during calls....but i've only tried that once.

By the way they sound great. I know some people poo-poo Beats audio, but to this non-audiophile, it sounds awesome!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nokia purity earbuds on my HTC 8x. I can report that the music controls all seem to work, including pause/play, skip track, back track, and volume control. This is in both Xbox Music and Rdio.

Though i have had some issues with using the built-in mic during calls....but i've only tried that once.

By the way they sound great. I know some people poo-poo Beats audio, but to this non-audiophile, it sounds awesome!

The ones who "poo-poo" Beats audio are the ones who think they are non mainstream for saying that.

Zokudu

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
The issue isn't that beats sound bad. They don't its that their price is very high for the quality they give. Their over ears are what? $199? Maybe if they were $99.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Are the Nokia Purity In-Ear headphones' Remote & Microphone fully compatible with the 8X?
What about the Beats by Dre In-Ears?

I have set of Nokia Purity HD in-ear headphones and the volume controls and pause button work with the 8X. Not sure about the microphone but I can test that tomorrow. I also have a set of beats that came with a rezound and the Nokia ear buds sound better.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The issue isn't that beats sound bad. They don't its that their price is very high for the quality they give. Their over ears are what? $199? Maybe if they were $99.

well your also buying into the style of the headphones as well as the durability. I can get a $99 pair of headphones that sound as good as the $200 Beats, but they do not last nearly as long nor do they look quite as nice!

its like buying a Buick. You can get similar performance for cheaper, but with the Buick your also paying for looks and durability!

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If you go with Beats, make sure it has a straight in plug (ie, urbeats). My kid's beats in ears have an angled plug and will not work. I THINK his was the tour, but am not certain. Only some of the controls work...which is just stupid.
So urBeats has full compatibility with the 8X whereas the Tour Beats lacks this.
Well, that's too bad, I really like the design of the Tour Beats.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So urBeats has full compatibility with the 8X whereas the Tour Beats lacks this.

I just plugged my old Beats Tour in and they work perfectly fine. It has the straight in plug. But my Beats Solo have the angled plug and they also work fine!

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

No, the point is the plug. The 90 degree plugs will not make a connection with an 8x. The straight in plugs will. They all have the same pseudo functionality.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just plugged my old Beats Tour in and they work perfectly fine. It has the straight in plug. But my Beats Solo have the angled plug and they also work fine!
Again, I was not certain if my kid's earbud Beats are the tour or not (we have bought so many for the household I can't remember who has what), but I will absolutely assure you that the 90 degree angle plug beats earbud set he has will NOT work with the 8x. I will see if I can find the box to verify the name of his set.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and one last thing, I have a Verizon 8x. Not sure if the different build for the wireless charging may be part of the problem. Just trying to help others before they buy a set of headphones that may not work.

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Stop paying hundreds for over priced headphones... Go with Nuforce NE7m (NE-700m).. Phenomenal sound and the price cannot be beat. I even got mine refurbed for only 35 at their outlet store. Includes a mic and you can control play and skip with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos