Car mount and charger for Nokia 920?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
As to battery life, I can't comment. I don't actually need navi all that often.

Me either, but when I do need it, its typically a long trip and I like to use my phone for music or an audio book at the same time. If the car wireless charger works at the same rate as the one nokia sent me when I purchased the phone, I doubt it can keep up with a phone being used for more than one thing at a time. I took a trip a month or two ago and used nokia drive and was listening to an audio book and even being plugged in, the phone was still draining, albeit very slowly. If the rate of charge had been any less, I would have had to disable one of those functions to allow it to charge.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Me either, but when I do need it, its typically a long trip and I like to use my phone for music or an audio book at the same time. If the car wireless charger works at the same rate as the one nokia sent me when I purchased the phone, I doubt it can keep up with a phone being used for more than one thing at a time. I took a trip a month or two ago and used nokia drive and was listening to an audio book and even being plugged in, the phone was still draining, albeit very slowly. If the rate of charge had been any less, I would have had to disable one of those functions to allow it to charge.

Yup same here, although I tried the belkin yesterday and it seemed to sustain the charge over a long course of time so I guess I'll see.

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Johninsj, just wanted to say thanks for this tip! I have been having a super hard time trying to find a good car mount for my 920. I have a Hyundai Azera and there is no really convenient location for a phone mount in the car. This is perfect. The lighter plug is located fairly low on the dash, so the phone sits out of the way, but within reach and at a great angle. Thanks again!

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I got the Mountek CD mount for my Garmin. It doesn't work well for the 920 becuase the side grips either cover the side controls or covers the charging port. Otherwise, it works great for my GPS! I am really happy with the Broadtech mount!!

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
its great for me, although not perfect, i slide the phone up slight and don't use the lower bracket at the base, so no covering up of the charging port. My decision was based on the configuration of both my vehicles stereo cd player. No fiddling with the side volume keys while driving anyway, since its a hazard while driving.

Lumia 93

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I really like the HTC car mounts although they are made specifically for each HTC phone. Does anyone know of any HTC phone with similar dimensions to the Lumia 920 with the charging port also in the same position? I know chances are 1 in a million but worth a shot...

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am really loving the Proclip one... Just got it and installed it a few minutes ago. I love that it is not hanging from the glass or on top of the dash but it is secured to the car and customized for the vehicle.

pic0001_zpsc2fff83a.jpg

pic0002_zps2efd89d9.jpg

(Haha, just noticed looking at the picture... I hope I didn't block the Bluetooth mic).

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't like this solution, because when u turn on ur heating, or cooling in the car, guess who will be suffering. So for me personally, the best place is on the windshield.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate those in the windshield... They look horrible to me. Dislike the cups, and do not like anything that sits on top of the dash.

For my car Proclip sells three kinds of attachments. And this one does sit in one (of many) air vents. I thought about it but it doesn't matter to me because like I said I have other vents and it means that the phone will be getting some cooling when using the GPS. Win win. :grin: Where I live I don't use heat. If I ever move somewhere else I might get the other attachment that sits below the vents. :winktongue:

So I really don't know what suffering you are talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos