Dropped 920 in a belkin bumper, ~3' from the ground, shattered display :(

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone landed flat on the concrete, face down, but even with the bumper it shattered so bad shards of glass are sticking out lol.
Solid phone up until now so I'll be trying to find a place local to do repair tomorrow, will report results.
Belking bumper and case is undamaged and the face of the bumper was still protruding beyond the glass about 1/16" when I picked it up, just as it would normally fit. Phone was NOT dropped onto a corner or side, it fell flat on its face, the sound was so muted I just assumed all was fine until I picked it up.

Still love the phone, just hate that I'm going to have to spend $150 or so to have it repaired.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Feel sorry for you :(

In my case, I feel confident that even if my screen gets shattered, Nokia will replace it (or the phone itself) because of the accidental warranty that came with my 920 when I purchased it :)

joesc

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that happened to my wife three days ago as well! The stupid belkin bumper looks fine, but the corner of the display broke diagonally. Luckily it only extended from half the back button diagonally, so doesn't impact the usable screen display. So pretty much the belkin bumper is worthless except for preventing minor nicks as far as I can see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss