Overnight freezing workaround and possible bug source

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone froze once. The screen won't turn on when I got up in the morning - I initially thought the phone was dead but did a soft reset and it went back to normal. In my case, it was caused by the Battery Sense app. After soft-resetting the phone, I found out that for some reason, Battery Sense was automatically blocked from background services. I removed it from my start screen and haven't experience the same issue again.

Note that the same issue never happened to my HTC 8X, even with Battery Sense installed. I was an 8X user for 3 months before moving to Lumia 920.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have just installed Battery monitor w/ Voice, and see Aggemam has it also. I did't have an overnight freeze, but yesterday, a total of 4 times... Could it be the battery apps r killing the phone? Before that I had Battery Sense, and Battery... I will have to test my theories...
I thought it was the keep WiFi alive, because when turned on, my phone was freezing, then when off, everything worked fine, until yesterday... If I get a freeze today, it is bye-bye battery apps, and to test with wifi again...

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
If it is in fact an OS issue then its not a bug but rather a bad/corrupted OS installation. So don't expect it will be completely gone along with the next update.
Like all windows product WP8 stores environment setting (aka how it behaves) in a way similar to registry key on a PC windows.
So like PC tech always advice, do a reformat and clean installation, the WP8 smart phone should also be treated in the same way.
Flashing the phone is the only way to fix these weird issues IF is in fact an OS level malfunction.

Good luck!

Ods malfunction is out of the question. My Ativ S hs no issues, some friends have htc 8x and lumia 920 and both are fine. These problems come from Nokia's faulty devices, bad HW. I think the memory chip could be the problem, like broken hard drives that make any OS hang on the pc

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ods malfunction is out of the question. My Ativ S hs no issues, some friends have htc 8x and lumia 920 and both are fine. These problems come from Nokia's faulty devices, bad HW. I think the memory chip could be the problem, like broken hard drives that make any OS hang on the pc

It is fixed by new fw 1232.5957.1308.00xx ...

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is freezing then it's a defective phone.

I have my phone charge every night without fail on the wireless plate. Wi-Fi is always on and I have Portico. Screen is locked and it's never frozen over night (had one freeze during the day once but nothing since).

However, I have had a thought. I have several email accounts. 2 are manual sync, one is as arrives and the other is hourly. If the freeze is because of inactivity, perhaps set an email account to sync every hour?

George Lee

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i have to say, so far my phone is running well with the new fw update. my phone have not freeze, reboot, or auto shutdown. (yet. cross finger) before the update, my phone would auto shutdown every other day and sometime, twice a day.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i have to say, so far my phone is running well with the new fw update. my phone have not freeze, reboot, or auto shutdown. (yet. cross finger) before the update, my phone would auto shutdown every other day and sometime, twice a day.

Thanks for feedback applied for your new fw 1232.5957.1308 ... I feel that it is really flawless fw for Lumia 920

warras2

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi

As on several fora is to be read, Nokia Lumia 920 has a severe bug. I also was affected by it. I tried several things and came to this solution:
1. switch off battery saving
2. if you charge wireless, put the 920 with it's screen on to the wireless charger, after a short sound the screen will dim within 1-1,5 minute.
In my case, the 920 stays alive during the night and i do not have to use the switch off/on buttton + volume down for a restart. In witch actually i did not loose anything, only time and date that will be corrected within seconds.

If I switch off the screen by a short touch of the switch off/on button and put the 920 on the wireless charger, it freezes in appr. 90 min AND STOPS CHARGING, due to my restart with the switch off/on + volume down button: only e charge from 30% to 65% was shown at the battery load.
I wish you all lots of fun with your 920's. Now it's on Nokia and Microsoft to fix it. So FIX IT!.

warras2, Netherlands

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi

As on several fora is to be read, Nokia Lumia 920 has a severe bug. I also was affected by it. I tried several things and came to this solution:
1. switch off battery saving
2. if you charge wireless, put the 920 with it's screen on to the wireless charger, after a short sound the screen will dim within 1-1,5 minute.
In my case, the 920 stays alive during the night and i do not have to use the switch off/on buttton + volume down for a restart. In witch actually i did not loose anything, only time and date that will be corrected within seconds.

If I switch off the screen by a short touch of the switch off/on button and put the 920 on the wireless charger, it freezes in appr. 90 min AND STOPS CHARGING, due to my restart with the switch off/on + volume down button: only e charge from 30% to 65% was shown at the battery load.
I wish you all lots of fun with your 920's. Now it's on Nokia and Microsoft to fix it. So FIX IT!.

warras2, Netherlands

You should update your firmware to 1232.5957.1308.0003 (EU NL CV) and I think your problem is gone (just use Nokia sofware updater) ... read here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...umia-820-lumia-620-official-notice-nokia.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo